OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

anybody help me???

Started by archery1, March 01, 2011, 09:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best instructional dvd out there?

learning the mouth call
3 (75%)
advice on mouth calls
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

archery1

i need to learn my mouth calls better. anyone no the best dvd to get? i had a hs and a quaker boy one and they are to little use. thanks for everyones help on this.
Take a kid hunting

VAHUNTER

Perfection came out with a DVD that goes over most of the calls used in the spring woods. it explains the calls and how they sound.
www.perfectionturkeycalls.com
Good things come to those who wait

archery1

thanks. i have some prestom pittman mouth calls that i am sellin cause i had enough of trouble with a primos double reed call. these preston calls are for the more advanced caller.
Take a kid hunting

jyoung

archery1,

Zink Calls has a DVD called, " Turkey Time University 1".  In that DVD they go over the proper mechanics of using a mouth call such as, tongue placement, air pressure and how to get the air to come from your diaphragm.  There are animated pictures showing the mouth and tongue working while Shane and Josh are calling.  They break it down very slowly and go over one call at a time.  Very easy to follow and understand.  There is no guess work on what they are doing or what they mean. You can get the DVD for $10 on there website.  Best instructional I have ever seen.

Jonathan Young

archery1

great. just ordered one. thanks 4 ur help
Take a kid hunting

M Sharpe

Quote from: jyoung on March 01, 2011, 11:01:31 AM
archery1,

There are animated pictures showing the mouth and tongue working while Shane and Josh are calling.  They break it down very slowly and go over one call at a time. 

Shane Hendershot sounds as turkey as anyone I've ever heard.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

jyoung

Quote from: M Sharpe on March 02, 2011, 09:22:03 AM
Quote from: jyoung on March 01, 2011, 11:01:31 AM
archery1,

There are animated pictures showing the mouth and tongue working while Shane and Josh are calling.  They break it down very slowly and go over one call at a time.  

Shane Hendershot sounds as turkey as anyone I've ever heard.

You dang right!  He is bad to the bone! And as good of a guy as you will ever meet.  And their new pro staffer Hunter Wallis is a bad little dude as well! 2011 Grand National Jounior Champion! Check him out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFBqB7lmQk&feature=player_embedded
Jonathan Young