only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stomp your shoulder

Started by gobbler74, June 05, 2012, 06:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Quote from: gobbler74 on June 06, 2012, 09:04:18 AM
Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on June 05, 2012, 10:48:23 PM
bring that old girl down and i'll break her in and then i'll make a trip to the dentist !!!!  :z-flirtysmile3:

Original title of this post was going to be "9 out of 10 dentist don't approve"

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

HartClemson99

Fine lookin' gun!  I'd love to own one.  You have to shoot at least one bird with it and retire it with dignity!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

stinkpickle

Send to me.  I'll shoot that sumbeech!   ;)

gobbler74

My 8 yr old daughter killed her bird with a 20 ga 3" nitro 7 this year in an H&R. She did grimace a bit after the shot but was cool as a cucumber after she got to her bird. Thankfully it was 29 degrees on youth day this year. I had her dressed up like deer season. Thick jacket on it didnt even leave a mark. She done all her patterning with dove loads and high brass 5's. When the time came for the killing shot I had that nitro in there. She never was the wiser and wasnt thinking about the recoil. I think I will get her some of those hs 7's from Em to lighten her up a bit. I started her out shooting 3ft sq paper explaining how the pattern worked with the bead and how she had to hold and such. She took quick to realizing where the bead had to be lined up in order to shoot straight. I had to put some time in with her right eye dominance and we have overcome that as well. Crossing over was causing her to shoot wide. I dropped her down to 8" paper plates to make her fine tune her hold. In all she fired about 70 rounds with the light loads learning her gun and how to shoot. This is partly thanks to the lead sled letting her shoot without getting gun shy. She has really taken to shooting and thats fine by me. I think so many kids out there are exposed the wrong way whether it be a 12 ga right off the bat or incorrect shooting practices. Looking at getting her a small pump for xmas. She's wearing me about about squirrel season now. Get your kids to the range. It is great memories there and the woods. 

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

bigredneck61088

my buddy wants to pick up one of the H&R 10 gauges to chase birds with... I think he's nuts, 3 1/2s outta my autoloader is enough for me, its gotta be hard to hold onto that one, but the camo is sweet

gobbler74

Them 10's are a beast in feel and weight for a single...which helps a pile on recoil though. I think the barrel is way more heavy duty than it needs to be. Front heavy. Not much difference in the 3.5" 12 and 10 to warrant the design. even a single they are around 9 lbs. pick one up and look how heavy duty the barrel is. The wall thickness of my browning 10 barrels are similar to 12 ga. I guess its better to be extra safe than sorry.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

vaturkey

SHOOT IT  !!      :funnyturkey:
Vaturkey

Reloader

A decent pad and some old whites would make for a light weight turkey smasher. Add a ff and it'd be even better.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

gobbler74

Old whites, LOL...I will stick to some stuff I can readily get. I do miss those. I've been moving towards federal hw 7's in most of my 12's. Won't be any alterations  made. I keep my old school stuff original. Latest scope is an eotech purchase for a browning gold 10 ga. I do still have that rail you made, it will go on something one day.