News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stomp your shoulder

Started by gobbler74, June 05, 2012, 06:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Guarantee.. ;)

I was wondering how many of you guys owned one of the old bottomland 3.5" topper h&r's with the removable choke? I seen a nwtf model on here awhile back. I picked one up in mint condition. It's a 91 model. Not gonna make a go to turkey gun out of it, just putting it in the turkey gun library for a talk piece. She sure is a sweet little thing. I can't imagine touching off a 3.5" in it..wooo-son. I will have to take it out a day a year or something. I'm not big on single shots for turkey hunting but had to have one of these, must have been the old camo.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

mossyoakpro

I had one just like it back in the day....shot it once and returned it....one shot was more than enough for me.

That thing kills on one end and cripples on the other!!
Phillippians 4:13

allaboutshooting

I had one of those years ago but gave it to a friend who really enjoyed it. I also had the 20 gauge model that looked just like that one and I  gave it to a fellow whose son needed a turkey gun.

Those guns will let you know when you shoot them, regardless of what shell you shoot through them.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gobbler74

Shoulder too... somebody called the cops.   :TooFunny:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

vaturkey

gobbler74

Aint you a big ole boy ? Go ahead & fire one down range & give us a report !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

mad815

I added a few pounds of lead wheel balance weights to the butt stock of my 12ga. NEF  3 1/2 " . I took off the pad and filled the synthetic stock. If that is a wood stock I'd drill holes and fill with lead.  Add a Shooters Friend slip on recoil pad and hunt Turkeys.   I think when I was all done it weighed 9lbsĀ± ---  I shoot 3" 12 ga in mine.   Web

drenalinld

I bought the pardner 12 ga with modified barrel in early 90's. Sent it to H&R and had a 3-1/2" turkey barrel fitted. With a kicks GT it throws an amazing pattern with 3.5" Win XX 6's!  When you set it off it will take a few seconds to remember where you are at and what you are doing!!  Killer though.

GOLD HUNTER

gobbler74

Quote from: vaturkey on June 05, 2012, 08:15:26 PM
gobbler74

Aint you a big ole boy ? Go ahead & fire one down range & give us a report !  :icon_thumright:
I got that thing..I cut my teeth on mossbergs. You know age does bring some wisdom thats why brian is patterning it for me...or maybe I meant age before beauty.... :TooFunny: 

gobbler74

Quote from: drenalinld on June 05, 2012, 09:10:52 PM
I bought the pardner 12 ga with modified barrel in early 90's. Sent it to H&R and had a 3-1/2" turkey barrel fitted. With a kicks GT it throws an amazing pattern with 3.5" Win XX 6's!  When you set it off it will take a few seconds to remember where you are at and what you are doing!!  Killer though.

Never been lost, just a bit confused for a month or two seems to ring a bell...haha

GOLD HUNTER

bring that old girl down and i'll break her in and then i'll make a trip to the dentist !!!!  :z-flirtysmile3:

Grunt-N-Gobble

I have a similar gun, but mines an H&R Slug Gun Hunter 12ga.  It's got the 10ga barrel bored out to 12ga.  I shoot the older 3" Federal sabot slugs outta it.  I'll have to switch when I run out, cause I don't think they make that particular kind any more.  Shot a bunch of deer with it too it the special regs. areas.

But I must say.........It is the hardest kicking gun that I own.  I've never shot 3.5" outta it, but I'm pretty sure it's chambered for 3.5"

gobbler74

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on June 05, 2012, 10:48:23 PM
bring that old girl down and i'll break her in and then i'll make a trip to the dentist !!!!  :z-flirtysmile3:

Original title of this post was going to be "9 out of 10 dentist don't approve"

pullit

You could it to the range with someone you don't like and let them touch off a Nitro....that ought to teach them to be nice to you.  :laugh:

surehuntsalot

had one just like it in the old mossy oak greenleaf pattern
I never shot a 3.5" out of it, but shot some great patterns out of it with 3"
wish now I had never sold it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase