turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey slayer ready for action....

Started by Reloader, June 01, 2012, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

I got the new rig assembled and ready to rock.

Specs:
Winchester SX2 3.5"
Dipped in Mathews Lost
Drilled and tapped for Burris 336 base
Burris FF2

guesswho

Getting ready for opening day? :laugh:

Looks like it could get the job done.  Any idea what shell/choke combo your going to use?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Reloader

Yeah Ronnie, got to have something to pass the time :D

I'll probably run my handloads in it.  Right out of the box I put a JH670 in it and fired a Win grey box 1-7/8oz #6 and a 2-1/8oz hevi 7.5 handload.  Those were both dead on with the bead and gave a 130s and 380s pattern.  I lowered the trigger pull down to 4lbs and then had the rest of the work done later.

The stock needed to be dropped about 1/8" for me, but it lines up perfect with the FF now mounted.  I don't imagine it will kill em any deader than my many other turkey rigs, but it's fun getting new toys.

Have a good one,

loder

AndyH

captin_hook

Reloader

Lol, didn't even think about that. I like the camo on my Switchback xt and after seeing it on some shotguns, it was the one. Don't think you could go wrong with the tons of patterns offered, many look about the same to me.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

pullit

Looks really good with the sight on it.
I bet it will smoke your bow..... ;D

allaboutshooting

That's a good looking gun. It's nice to get exactly what you want and the touches that you've made make it truly "your" gun.

Congratulations.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

lunghit

Great looking gun you have there. I love the Lost camo pattern on my bow and it would be my first choice of a pattern if I had something dipped.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

bigredneck61088

should get the job done!! who did your dip job? are you happy with it?? my sx2 is gonna get sent out here shortly for a dip job

Reloader

Thanks fellas!

Quote from: bigredneck61088 on June 02, 2012, 12:08:24 PM
should get the job done!! who did your dip job? are you happy with it?? my sx2 is gonna get sent out here shortly for a dip job

Liquid Dimensions out of GA. You can see their work on facebook. It was only $157 including shipping both ways and removing the duratouch. He had a special going a few weeks back.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

Gut_Pile

Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

Reloader

Quote from: Spuriosity on June 04, 2012, 01:39:26 PM
Looks great Ronny. What's the running weight? How does recoil compare to an 1187?

I haven't put it on the scales yet Wes.  The few times I've shot it feels about the same as my 1187s.  It's heavier than the SX3, so doesn't seem to recoil quite as much.  The pad is softer that the Decelerator on my SX3 as well, so that helps a bit.  I'll have to throw it on the scale this week.