OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Auto verse Pump

Started by 29810434, May 29, 2012, 04:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingbone

I've got both, but find myself using my pumps more. It's weird. I have Benellis and Brownings in the safe, but I've just always enjoyed turkey hunting with my 870s the most. Probably because of the ability to trick out the 870s vs. the limited options for the autos.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

30_06

I generally prefer a pump probably more for weight distribution (feel) than anything else.
If I could get Ithaca to make me a lightweight affordable single shot I would be all over it in a heartbeat.

mudhen

Both.

I usually travel with the NWTF BPS because it's reliable, with few parts to break.

Around home, I use my Benelli SBE II, and have just added a Super Vinci.

If the SV performs well, it might get to travel.

I do like to shoot a semi-auto when I'm taking someone new out, or backing someone up, or anytime where a fast shot might be required...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

lowoctane

Quote from: 30_06 on June 11, 2012, 03:47:38 PM
I generally prefer a pump probably more for weight distribution (feel) than anything else.
If I could get Ithaca to make me a lightweight affordable single shot I would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Now yer talking! :turkey2:
Have done up a NEF 12 x 3.5" with Remchokes and sights, but my bronlaw talked me out of it.
Pre-HeviShot. Bet it's a smoker with hevi!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

bigredneck61088

my autoloader... because it shoots 3.5s and patterns better than my pump, makes no difference as long as the gun will kill   :fud: