OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Basner Truglo Results

Started by Rockhound, May 24, 2012, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Finally got out the gun with the new choke, I deep cleaned my barrel, the tg chock and my kicks choke. I patterned 4 lead loads with my truglo. (lazered 40 and 10 in circle)

First was
Fed Magshok NON FCW #5s

Didnt count Im guessin around 100 in a ten with a beautiful 20 inch pattern

#2 was Winchester HV #5

About the same as federals

#3 was Winchester XXmag #4

Had no core pattern just even 20 in

#4 was Fed Magshok W/FCW #5

This is where my new choke really shined It put up 120 in the 10 and 190 in the 15, There was probably nother 60 or so in the 20 ring.

this choke shows alot of promise and i think will get better with another dozen or so rounds through it.

dirt road ninja

Good Luck with your project. What are you looking to get out of it. I just starting patter'n a 10 last week. Still got aways to go with it, but my first trip to the range was promising.

4nolz2

Did you start by aiming at the center of a 10" circle?

Rockhound

Quote from: 4nolz2 on May 27, 2012, 01:24:38 AM

Did you start by aiming at the center of a 10" circle?

No lol this aint my first rodeo ;D

SLAYER

Rockhound, If your looking for more pellets in the 10" circle in lead shells shoot #6's. The 10ga has enough power to cleanly kill birds out to 45+ with lead #6's. If you want even more pellets in the 10" circle go with a .690 BDS I.C. Choke and the 5x6x7 Mag Blends. I counted 254 in a 10" circle at 40yds and many people are getting better patterns than this.

Rockhound

Quote from: SLAYER on June 05, 2012, 10:41:55 AM
Rockhound, If your looking for more pellets in the 10" circle in lead shells shoot #6's. The 10ga has enough power to cleanly kill birds out to 45+ with lead #6's. If you want even more pellets in the 10" circle go with a .690 BDS I.C. Choke and the 5x6x7 Mag Blends. I counted 254 in a 10" circle at 40yds and many people are getting better patterns than this.

Good luck finding lead #6s and im shooting fed hw and hevi shot at turkeys i just like to kill paper with lead

dirt road ninja

Rockhound,

Have you tried the Magblends yet? I went looking for some this weekend, but all I could find where the Hevi 13 5's. If I run across a box I'd like to give them a try, I refuse to pay shipping on 5 shells, so I gotta find them local or wait till I can put together a bigger order.

dvdegeorge

Here are my results with Basner choke and Magblend
Sp10 Magblend 40yds 48 degrees windy and rain

Rockhound

Quote from: dirt road ninja on June 05, 2012, 12:29:33 PM
Rockhound,

Have you tried the Magblends yet? I went looking for some this weekend, but all I could find where the Hevi 13 5's. If I run across a box I'd like to give them a try, I refuse to pay shipping on 5 shells, so I gotta find them local or wait till I can put together a bigger order.

No i haven't tried them yet but i want to, and like you if i was going to pay shipping i would buy more fed heavyweight i can get them locally but they are $38 per box and i would just buy nitros before i do that