turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

latest Beast

Started by 4nolz2, June 19, 2012, 11:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

Churchill SxS 10 gauge recently dipped by "Bucky" as recommended here.

rtsj

That is SWEEEEET! :drool:

Roy

dirt road ninja

That is cool. You may have fueled a new project for me.

4nolz2

what I love about a SxS is being able to put a Nitro in one side and a cheap winchester in the other-that way when a bird comes into 20 yards I can save that expensive shell! I currently use a Leige SxS 10 and have sort of stopped using my sp-10 just for that reason.I saw this gun and made it a project so I guess its a backup gun.(cant have too many 10s....) :funnyturkey:

Rockhound

captin_hook

deadbuck

How much does that gun weigh, and are they readily available or hard to come by? Also, screw in chokes?

4nolz2

they show up on gunbroker from time to time-its heavy (havent weighed it probably about the same as my sp-10 so a shoulder sling is a must).It has screw in chokes-the euro guns tend to be tighter choked-I ordered 2 extrafulls online and was going to have Carlsons rechoke it-but after patterning it and getting mid 200's with Nitros I just decided to leave it as is.

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gobblergls

Quote from: 4nolz2 on June 19, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
what I love about a SxS is being able to put a Nitro in one side and a cheap winchester in the other-that way when a bird comes into 20 yards I can save that expensive shell!  :funnyturkey:

In theory, that works.  It's the execution when things get dicey.  Back in the late 70s I owned a Zoli 3.5" 10 gauge sxs, an Ithaca NID SxS 3.5" 10 gauge and Mag10.  I managed spectacular, teeth-rattling misses with all three.  My close barrel shot 55% with a spreader load of 2.5 ozs. of Lawrence #3 shot, my far barrel 95% with larger shot.  With just beads and looking down the barrel I can still see those birds running away laughing when the smoke cleared and my senses returned after my eyes uncrossed from the recoil.  I went to an 835 with rifle sights which helped some, but there was the occasional miss.   Things are a lot better with a red dot, but yes, there is still a miss or two (or more) every other season, but it's not as spectacular, and the gun is about 4-5lbs. lighter.   Good luck!

davisd9

Just a dag um BEAUTY!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Old Gobbler

Nice gun !!!  looks good in the new camo dip
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

4nolz2

yes that was a recommendation from here on Old Gobbler-Buckys camo dipping-hiddenbydesign.com