turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEF10 sight question?

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, May 14, 2012, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

Hey fellas what sights are you shooting on your NEF 10 ga? Red dots or other sighting systems that are out there. I guide a lot so I take my gun and always try to back my client up just in case a bird is not dispatched so I don't won't to lose that fast shot if someone were to injure a bird I still can be ready and confident if things go wrong. So I am curios to hear about what you are shooting on yours thanks? Lyle

wis. bowhunter

I have a truglo red dot on mine it works very well.

jerf

Houndstooth Game Calls

Tru glows do they have magnification and thanks for those replies!!

wis. bowhunter

No magnification with a truglo.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Anyone tried the Burris fast fire on a NEF gun yet looks like a good sight. But the true glows look good hard to think I haven't tried a red dot yet lol!!

eight bore

Use a Mueller on mine and it is easy to shoot clay pigeons with or pheasant.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Houndstooth Game Calls

Eight bore you using it on a NEF that's great results and that's what I am looking for. I don't want to be limited..

eight bore

Yes i use it on a Nef ten gauge, never used a red dot before so i did alot of homework before i would put something that looks like that on my shotgun ! I experiment with a lot of handloads and chokes and got concerned with different points of impact with different combinations. I also didnt want to limit my quick target acquisition with a sight. The quickshot answered all my concerns and more. Check the link and scroll down to the sight picture comparison, the field of view is what i wanted.

http://muelleroptics.com/mqs12233#more-85

Went to a store that sells and mounts a lot of scopes and found a base that lines up with two of the factory drilled holes and had the sight on in minutes. It has been on for three seasons now with all the conditions you would encounter and has not failed me.
   You can shoot with both eyes open, you get the dot on target and shoot, your face doesnt have to meet the stock like using the factory bead, it is very fast !
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

TalksToTurkeys

I have a Leupold 2X pistol scope on mine. It was factory drilled and tapped for an EER scope.  The setup works great for me. 

Houndstooth Game Calls

What's a EER scope? I guess you can put a pistol scope on a NEF....

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on May 24, 2012, 12:37:32 AM
What's a EER scope? I guess you can put a pistol scope on a NEF....

Extended Eye Relief

jerf

Switched mine out to fastfire II and love it.

outdoors

:morning:  Im interested in the - mueller optics 12233 , BUT it said on the install it goes on a rail ???? Would this still be the same as a Picatinny Rail  , thanks
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

UGADAWG

You guys who are using the TruGlo sights, what base are you using?

I just got a new NEF 10 GA and it is drilled and tapped about halfway down the barrel. The only bases I can find are the Weaver #19. these are two piece bases and won't work with a red dot type of sight.

I already have a TruGlo I would like to mount on this gun.