OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot call Questions

Started by Nolehoe, May 06, 2012, 09:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nolehoe

Well I think I'm going to take the plunge and try my hand at turning a pot call.  But I have a question or two about glue.

What do ya'll glue your playing surface and sound board with?

Which glue do you use for laminating wood?

TRKYHTR

For laminating I use tightbond II. It has the blue label. For the playing surface and the soundboard I use goop. It's doesn't matter which one; houshold, plumers, etc...

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Nolehoe

handcannon

Quote from: Gitzit69 on May 06, 2012, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 06, 2012, 10:26:30 PM
For laminating I use tightbond II. It has the blue label. For the playing surface and the soundboard I use goop. It's doesn't matter which one; houshold, plumers, etc...

TRKYHTR
Ditto

Double Ditto

pappy

just what Joe said............
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

lightsoutcalls

Only difference for me is that I use Titebond III.  It is waterproof rather than water resistant.  It has a green label rather than a blue label. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Nolehoe

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on May 08, 2012, 09:19:20 AM
Only difference for me is that I use Titebond III.  It is waterproof rather than water resistant.  It has a green label rather than a blue label.
tb iii is what I had in' mind, glad to know its been tested

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

smurf

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 06, 2012, 10:26:30 PM

TRKYHTR
double ditto
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

ccstruttabusta

I am also interested in making my own pot call. I want to try and make a purr and cluck pot. I was thinking about using cedar for the wood, I thought it might give it a low soft sound. I also wondered if it was just slate with no sound board. I wanted to do a cedar striker as well with a mushroom tip. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 
Turkey hunting will make you old and ragged-Doug Camp