turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

11-87 21 inch barrel

Started by Ozark Ridge Runner, May 05, 2012, 12:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Ridge Runner

I have a 21 inch vent rib barreled 11-87 and don't remember when I bought it.  Do any of you guys with better memories than mine know what years that short barrel was offered.  I was thinking it wasn't all that many years that they were available.  ORR

lowoctane

Had one about 14 yrs ago...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

budtripp

Ozark Ridge Runner

I hate to admit it but I'm down to 1 turkey gun at the moment.  I sold my SP-10 a couple of weeks ago so I better hang on to it.  I've worked over the barrel so the POA/POI are one and the same and it is a superb turkey killer with Hevi 7's.

budtripp

Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on May 05, 2012, 03:16:49 PM
I hate to admit it but I'm down to 1 turkey gun at the moment.  I sold my SP-10 a couple of weeks ago so I better hang on to it.  I've worked over the barrel so the POA/POI are one and the same and it is a superb turkey killer with Hevi 7's.

Understood, only reason I ask is cause I've been looking around for one for my 28" barreled 11-87. Since getting my SBE2 I had plans of making the remmy my dedicated turkey slayer but so far no luck finding a 21" vent rib barrel lol.

Ozark Ridge Runner

I guess I could run by my turkey hunting buddies house and pick you up one.  He has three of the 21 inch barreled guns.  He's a little crazy that way.  I'll keep you in mind if I run across one.

Fullfan

I bought my 11-87 sps-t with a 21" pipe 22 yeasr ago. It is dipped on Mo Bl green
Don't gobble at me...

Ozark Ridge Runner

Thanks for that info.  I didn't think they had them available that far back.  1990 would have to be one of the earlier guns with the MO BL camo.  My SP-10 had the Bottomland camo and I think it was the first camo offered.  I wonder when the stopped offering the 21 inch tube as an option.

honker22

Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on May 05, 2012, 12:16:38 PM
I have a 21 inch vent rib barreled 11-87 and don't remember when I bought it.  Do any of you guys with better memories than mine know what years that short barrel was offered.  I was thinking it wasn't all that many years that they were available.  ORR

Early to mid 90s, for sure
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Thegobblergetter

I purchased a 21" RS barrel for my son's 11-87 in 1988.  That is the earliest I know of when the 21" barrel was available.  John

Ozark Ridge Runner

Quote from: Thegobblergetter on May 07, 2012, 10:20:05 AM
I purchased a 21" RS barrel for my son's 11-87 in 1988.  That is the earliest I know of when the 21" barrel was available.  John
The 21 " RS barrels have beed available for a very long time as they are slug barrels, but the 21" vent rib barrels were offered for a limited time.  Thanks

budtripp

Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on May 06, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
I guess I could run by my turkey hunting buddies house and pick you up one.  He has three of the 21 inch barreled guns.  He's a little crazy that way.  I'll keep you in mind if I run across one.

gracias sir  :you_rock: