turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger stock chokes

Started by Todd Michael, April 30, 2012, 10:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Michael

Couple guys over at the "Pattern" board gave me a heads up about issues with the Stoeger stock XFT choke. For turkey I'm shooting Hevi-Shot magnum blend and I was planning on ordering a Hevi-Shot brand turkey choke. I wanted to know if there are any known issues with the rest of the stock Stoeger chokes. FYI I'm shooting a M3500.

JnL

All of the flush mount chokes have shot fine for me with no issues.  Just the extended turkey choke is the only one ive had problems with.  Ive heard good things about the hevi shot brand chokes.  I cant remember who it was but someone was putting over 300/10 with a sumtoy and hevi 7's out of their 3500.  I think youll be pleased with the performance of either.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Todd Michael on April 30, 2012, 10:53:38 AM
Couple guys over at the "Pattern" board gave me a heads up about issues with the Stoeger stock XFT choke. For turkey I'm shooting Hevi-Shot magnum blend and I was planning on ordering a Hevi-Shot brand turkey choke. I wanted to know if there are any known issues with the rest of the stock Stoeger chokes. FYI I'm shooting a M3500.

I've had a lot of those Hevi-13 Turkey chokes go out this year to owners of the new 3500s and all of them have reported excellent results, especially with the 2 oz. loads of #6 and #7 shot. Several have also been shooting the Magnum Blend with good results.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. Other than what I've seen here, I've not heard of any problems with the flush mounted chokes that come with the gun.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SumToy

It is not the flush mount chokes.  It is the extend tk choke that came with the gun.  It is not if it is more of when you will have the problem.  Most say 6 to 10 rounds.   :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

wmd

What kind of problems?  I only shot a couple lead shells through mine and one Nitro.  I did not like the results on the patterning board so I bought a Jelly head.

Widowmaker

Quote from: wmd on May 01, 2012, 05:22:28 PM
What kind of problems?  I only shot a couple lead shells through mine and one Nitro.  I did not like the results on the patterning board so I bought a Jelly head.
The factory turkey choke will swell in the middle, and you'll have a heck of a time getting it out.