OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nova rattling forearm .

Started by redarrow, April 27, 2012, 11:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gleezer

Thanks To SgtUSMC for the link for the tip on quiteing down the forearm rattle. It works great and simple. Easy to replace if they get worn or wore off. So simple to do.

On another note, it's not only the Nova that has a rattle. Shake any pump action shotgun and you can get it to rattle. I think what makes the Nova's rattle so annoying is that it's quit loud due to the fact that the forearm is hard plastic. That being said I never had the rattle affect a hunt. Keep your hand on the foreend and the rattle is gone.

WVhuntEER

Quote from: SgtUSMC on May 30, 2012, 02:56:08 PM
Here is the trick I used to stop my Nova from rattling.  Works like a charm.  I'll just copy and paste the link from the website I put it on to begin with. 
Looks and sounds dumb, works like a charm.
And be careful about tightening that nut on the forearm.  I found that it made the action alot harder to pump.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=211732&Number=2657074#Post2657074

Thanks Sgt!  This is one of the reasons I love this site.   Great idea!   I love my supernova but I hate the rattle.    I can't wait to try this out.   

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I had one for 3 or 4 years.  Tightening the forearm screws helped, but it didn't completely stop the rattle.  That is the curse of the Nova.  I also owned a Mossberg 500 that did the same thing, but shot well.  I only kept it for 1 year.

My 870 and BPS don't rattle at all.

lmbhngr

GET RID OF IT!! That`s how I fixed mine!!