turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nova rattling forearm .

Started by redarrow, April 27, 2012, 11:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Any way to stop the rattles (noisy) forearm and slide bars on my Nova.If I lay it across my lap and move any its a noticeable clang.It moves forward and back a 1/4 inch or so. It also has left to right play in it.

Devastator

i took a bit of slop out of a youth nova by tightening the allen screw in the fore stock.helped quite noticeably.good luck

allaboutshooting

Quote from: timb on April 27, 2012, 11:39:43 AM
i took a bit of slop out of a youth nova by tightening the allen screw in the fore stock.helped quite noticeably.good luck

That works very well. I have a very early Nova and my forearm used to be loose but after tightening it, it does not rattle or feel loose.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

tyelper

the forarm on my nova dont rattle or move

mountman62

Yeh, you can fix it, they call it Remington
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

lmbhngr

Mine used to rattle. I sold it; I hated that gun!!

FL-Boss

one of the reasons I sold my 870... that was brand new.  I love rem... but will stick to the 11-87

jtg88

I love my Nova, it was the first gun my wife ever bought for me and I've killed lots of turkeys with it.  However, I will be replacing it with another 12 gauge sometime in the next few years due to that rattling forearm.  I hate bringing it up out of my lap and hearing that forearm slip forward when I've got a turkey in range.  I'll never sell it, but probably limit its use to ducks after I get a new auto.

redarrow

Thanks guys. I will try the allen wrench.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: timb on April 27, 2012, 11:39:43 AM

Does this work with  mossy 500 also, mine has a little slop in it too

killdee

Glad this came up, I have a rattling 870 20 gauge I was about to look for a fix. I guess I need to make me a tool to tighten it. Any suggestions? I have seen where some make one out of copper pipe, some out of flat steel stock.

killdee

Thanks, I'll try that first, I havent looked at it off yet, just read about making a tool, if it looked like the needle nose would have worked, I bet I would have tried it without reading this since I have used them for this in the past for various similar projects. :happy0064:

SgtUSMC

Here is the trick I used to stop my Nova from rattling.  Works like a charm.  I'll just copy and paste the link from the website I put it on to begin with. 
Looks and sounds dumb, works like a charm.
And be careful about tightening that nut on the forearm.  I found that it made the action alot harder to pump.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=211732&Number=2657074#Post2657074

gobbler74

I believe they purchased the rattle rights from mossberg in a corporate deal. But seriously, a roll of duct tape fix er right up. (JK)  ;D
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

albrubacker

Thank you!  :icon_thumright:
Quote from: SgtUSMC on May 30, 2012, 02:56:08 PM
Here is the trick I used to stop my Nova from rattling.  Works like a charm.  I'll just copy and paste the link from the website I put it on to begin with. 
Looks and sounds dumb, works like a charm.
And be careful about tightening that nut on the forearm.  I found that it made the action alot harder to pump.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=211732&Number=2657074#Post2657074

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott