turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Renington Versa+Max

Started by 29810434, April 22, 2012, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forcercon1

The choke William at Sumtoy made for my Versa Max has worked great. I haven't had the problem he mentioned of backing out. The gun has always shot POI-POA without any issues with factory and custom chokes. The patterns have been dense and evenly spread. I own a SBE, SBE-2, Xtrema-2, A400 Xtreme, BPS, Weatherby SA-08 and a few other guns and I can from "experience" tell you my Versa Max has shot well without problems to this point.
Do I believe this gun or any shotgun should cost $1200.00, no..... However, we keep buying them at this cost and the companies will keep making them. I, as most here, have guns that are a LOT less expensive and most shoot as well if not close to the more expensive guns. I am guilty, as most, wanting to have the latest and greatest. Does it make me a better shooter, no. What shooting skills I have came from 18 years of being a Marine and hours of practice.

As most here, we have our opinions of what works and what doesn't. What value each of these tools are worth and what we are willing to pay for them. As many here, I have killed Turkey's, deer, rabbits, etc... with shells, chokes and guns that are lot less expensive.

The greatest joy I receive is not from the brand of weapon I carry but the time in the field with my children & friends sharing what mother nature has provided.     

Semper Fi

Nolehoe

I dont own a VM but I was raised on Remington and have never had one let me down. Sounds like you're on the right path. Best of luck to ya! I'm betting with the chokes and loss you have youre sure to find a winning combination;D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

63beards

bought my versa max during dove season last year, had a browning maxus that i just couldn't shoot that well, before i go much further let me say i'm 51 yrs. old, dad took me to my first dove shoot when i was 7, in 44 yrs i have NEVER missed opening day of dove season, i mean NEVER!! i didn't care if i was sick, it's raining, whatever, i was shooting birds. we usually shoot  every weekend during season, wouldn't be afraid to say i've probably killed more dove than some of you have ever seen, but getting back to the post... i love my VM... i'm not a big fella, 5'10 170lbs, never had a gun i could stand to shoot a 3 1/2 shell in but can shoot em in my VM with no problem, i've had probably every autoloader made at one time or another, benelli m1's, m2's, vinci, browning a5's, golds, u name it, i've had one... now i did have a problem with the VM shooting low right when i patterned it for turkey, sent it back to remington, they put a new barrel on it, had it back in about ten days, shooting straight. Now before i swear by it gonna have to shoot a few more thousand rounds through it, but so far, i'm HAPPY with it, those of you complaining bout how much they cost, if you can't afford it, maybe you oughta be workin' instead of huntin'
71 beards