OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Multiple Sound Boards

Started by prout09, April 19, 2012, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prout09

Being Semi-new to call making I was wondering about doubling up sound boards 1. What is the purpose? and 2 how do you do it?  Are both SBs glued together stacked?  are they two diffrent sizes ECT?  I seen someone was talking about tripple slate and it peeked my interest.

Adam

lightsoutcalls

I've never tried it... sorry I can't help.  I would think if you glued 2 soundboards together, you would likely negate the purpose of a soundboard, that being to produce a resonant sound inside the call (which produces rasp and amplifies the sound produced by running the striker on the surface). 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

stone road turkey calls

I agree with lightsout, never used more than one.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

dreis3

I'm guessing Joe Slaton, he was doing calls with multiple soundboards. I think he's out wearing out those longbeards right now but hopefully he'll chime in eventually.
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

prout09

Quote from: Tackem on April 20, 2012, 08:55:35 PM
Quote from: prout09 on April 19, 2012, 12:57:46 PM
Being Semi-new to call making I was wondering about doubling up sound boards 1. What is the purpose? and 2 how do you do it?  Are both SBs glued together stacked?  are they two diffrent sizes ECT?  I seen someone was talking about tripple slate and it peeked my interest.

Adam
Curious as to were you got this  info on  multiple Sound Boards in a call

I just seen someone talking about tripple slate on a thread here and It interested me about what it was and how it was done

P