turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A gauge for stretching latex

Started by Trip, April 15, 2012, 05:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trip

I was wondering if you guys new if their were any type of guage i could buy to use too stretch my latex for calls?

Gooserbat

You will need some sort of a jig that incorporates an indicator such as what Thad uses on his presses.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

n2deer

I'm sure there is a simple way to incorporate some type of dial indicator into even some homemade presses. Would he very easy on the one I use.

Mine is easy to use and control stretch with measurements. Not as "industrial" as Thads but works great for me and friends.

Lonehowl

There are several pics of the hand stretchers some guys have on the turkey forums. It has 2 clamps that you clamp the latex between and then turn a handle a number of times to abtain the stretch you want. I made one at home, and had a 1" gauge off of  a dial indicator mounted to the end, worked great. You can get em for about 15 bucks ish.
Mark