turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

wingbone call

Started by kyhareraiser, February 26, 2011, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyhareraiser

i have a wing bone call that was handcrafted and the only thing i need to do they say is put on a lip stop..will someone who knows of this kinda' tell tell me how to adjust it so i can use the call.. something about having it set so the call is always sets right when calling they tell me..and,what to make it from

TANK

If you practice with it enough without the lip stop you will get the hang of it. I don't like the lip stop because you can make the call sound like different hens..........If you want to try it with a lip stop put a rubber band on it with abunch of wraps close to where you put your lips. If you don't like it, you can take it off easy.

kyhareraiser

thank's TANK.....................i have to wait till the wifey goes to work to practice.i'm not to good with the wingbone call.. yet!!!!! lol                                i'll keep trying

TRKYHTR

I can't hardly call on a wingbone without a kisser button. You can use almost anything for a kisser button. I've seen deer horn, beads, I even made mine out of an elk tooth. Once you find the spot where you like your call to be thats where your kisser button will go. That way you can put it in your mouth and have it in the same spot everytime. I always glue my kisser buttons on with goop. JMO

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

Quote from: TANK on February 26, 2011, 10:41:23 AM
If you practice with it enough without the lip stop you will get the hang of it. I don't like the lip stop because you can make the call sound like different hens..........If you want to try it with a lip stop put a rubber band on it with abunch of wraps close to where you put your lips. If you don't like it, you can take it off easy.
Sounds like good advice.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TANK

I left out that if you like the kisser button you can add something a little more fancy. On one of my wingbones (a 2 piece yelper) I hold the small bone with my right hand, and use my trigger finger and thumb as a lip stop.

Bram

You can get a small faucet washer for a lip stop...easy to adjust..good luck with it..practice...practice..practice.. :you_rock:

Gerry
www.bramsbones.com

Austy

I agree with the faucet washer that was suggested.  It is a very cheap rubber washer with a small hole that is available at any hardware store for a few cents.  It will slide right on and will stay in place pretty much by itself.  Once you have figured out where you need the stop to be you can make a fancy one that you can put on permanently.  Once you get it figured out you will love the calls that you can make with them.  I have killed a few old gobblers with one of these calls that were call shy to other calls because, at least I think they have that different sound.  Next time you stop in for a cup of your favorite coffee grap a couple of those swizzle sticks they put out to stir your coffee and try to make some calls, you will be amazed how much you can learn with a simple plastic straw.  In no time you will be calling like a champ.  Good luck!!!!