turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help!

Started by Swamp, April 09, 2012, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp

I made a call  for a guy i work with and when i gave it to him it sounded great and he has been bragging about it ever sense he got it. well today i went into work and he told me that my call didn't sound the same any more. i asked what did it sound like and he said like taking nails to a chalkboard. He told me that he had conditioned it and everything. I cant figure out why the sound would change with out anything appearing to be wrong with the call. I told him to bring it to work tomorrow and let me look at it and I'm going to see if i can find any thing wrong with it. its a glass over glass call. Any suggestions on what might have caused this or a solution that might help?

woodwzrd

My guess is he conditioned the call but not the striker.

Swamp

he said he did condition the striker and even used different strikers on the call with the same results.

M,Yingling

He may have droped it or something jolted the sound board glue losse ,,I would take it apart reglue back up
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

handcannon

I dont know what kind of experience the fella has but he might not have conditioned it right. Some people I've seen even sand on glass kind of like a mad man then wipe it off with their hand not knowing what they are doing. If your wood was dry when you turned the call and it sounded good when you gave it to him, it is probably operator error and he done something to it while conditioning it. Unless he got the call wet or perhaps he has the call in a cold house and then takes it outside where it is warm causing condensation on the glass. Aint no telling. I imagine you'll figure it out when you get your hands on it tomorrow.

Swamp

i hope so its the first call ive sold i kept the first one i made for myself and havent had any problems with it at all.
kinda made me sick when he told me at work today. I told him if I couldnt fix it I would make him another call.

misfire

A couple of things come to mind- was the wood dry? How was it sealed? What kind of glue? How did the guy condition it?
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

WillowRidgeCalls

Just from what you've said, it sounds like he messed up conditioning it. Either he's wiping the glass dust off with his fingers or he could have changed the angle of his conditioning when he was scratching it up? He may also be cleaning his striker with too fine of grit sandpaper? It's possible the soundboard could be coming loose? My guess would be he's wiping off the dust with his fingers.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

Swamp

went out to day and it sounded good. he had been keeping the call in his vest in his truck and i think with the way our wether has been lately may have affected the sound but it sounded normal today.