turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Killed 3rd Tennessee Gobbler!!!Pic!

Started by Wrangler95, April 09, 2012, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrangler95

Set out decoys before first light,got settled in under a big tree and it wasn't long before this gobbler cut loose about a 100 yards from the decoys.I called a little to let him know I was there and he gobbled probably a 100 times in the tree.I flapped my hat against my leg and it got him really gobbling.He flew down finally but another gobbler came in but saw the decoys and he cut a trail getting out of there,he was out of range but it was just a short time before this gobbler strutted into view and he came to the decoys,when I shot he went down in a pile and hardly moved!He weighed 22lbs,with a 11 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/4 inch spurs!!

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

RustySap

pullit

Very nice bird. Did you get him on Sat or Sunday? I know it was cold this weekend and I can see you have a coat on so I am guessing Sunday.

boomer

Congrats on a awesome bird!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wrangler95

Quote from: pullit on April 09, 2012, 09:53:49 AM
Very nice bird. Did you get him on Sat or Sunday? I know it was cold this weekend and I can see you have a coat on so I am guessing Sunday.

It was this morning,Monday!!Yes it was pretty cold!

captin_hook

Now that's a monster longbeard! Way to go.

Wrangler95

Nick_The_Tinkerer

JVA54

Hognutz

Congrats on a stinkin' stud..That is a beauty..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

gtrjames

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Ol'Mossy

nx95240