OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eastern turkey with 4 spurs?

Started by Rockhound, April 08, 2012, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

How rare is this? I killed a bird yesterday morning 2, 7/8s in spurs and 2, 1/8th in spurs. Ive only seen one other turkey with 4 spurs besides on the net

Garrett Trentham

It happens, but it's pretty rare. You have a true trophy on your hands. Congrats!
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Improvinghunter101

I'd say definitely rare.  I have shot one without any spurs.  Big beard and then I go to look at his spurs and nothing.  Not even a nub, just flat.  that was just plain weird.

Reloader

It is rare. I called in a tom for a friend on some public land last year that had 4 spurs.

I've killed two heavy toms with ropes that had dull nubs like a jake. Also killed one with one spur on one leg and nothing at all on the other. Killed a big tom with no beard once as well, he got so close I could see his hooks. All sorts of odd ones out there.

Guess its kind of like a multi beard, bearded hen, or nontypical buck....

Congrats on a rare bird.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

DirtNap647

congrats my cuz killed one last year thought it was rare that was the first i ever seen but i have seen a couple one here his was a eastern as well congrast on a true trophy :icon_thumright: