turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

need a quick answers/help

Started by jbob870, April 08, 2012, 09:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbob870

I hate to post this here, but I wasn't getting any responses under sights and optics, and my family gets together on holidays eats and shoots guns and i need to sight in my new turkey thumper. SO,Just got this new sight (tru glo extreme universal). I love that it's all metal and that it comes with a ghost ring, but it wasn't an easy install. My question is how to I adjusted my POA to POI?  I havn't shot it yet, i'm just trying to get an idea that way i'm not out there waisting expensive ammo. Also should i just the ghost ring or stay with the normal rifle sights. This sight when on a Remington 870 supermag (bonecollector) with an IC choke. thanks for any input. Jared

jk6140

Get it close with regular bird shot.  Then once you get it close switch to the ammo your going to use for turkeys.  Thats what I do instead of siting in with Hevi shot.

Dbrnmllr

I usually set the gun on a bench in the house where I have a 20' line of sight.  Sight down the barrel to see where it is pointed, then adjust the new sights the be about 1" over the bead POA.  This will get you close.  Then start shooting bird shot to see and go to turkey loads.  I have heard of many guns having a POI that is like 10" off but I have never been that far off.  I usually only find I'm an inch or so off using this method..... Maybe I've been lucky.