OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Easiest pop up blind to set up

Started by slicksbeagles1, April 05, 2012, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

Have to agree on the Doghouse. It sets up easily and its really easy to tote in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

wvboy

I have a couple of the Doghouse Blinds.. and the Rods kept breaking on me.. I found the Gorilla Quick Strike Pro blind last year.. I love it.. no extra Rods/Poles to put up that will break .. and it is made so that it will still shed water .. where the Doghouse will not unless you put the poles in them.. it will instead leak bad in the rain because the water pools on the caved in top if you don't have the poles up.. and the Gorilla blind is big enough for 3 people instead of two like the doghouse .. I have a hub style too and like it.. but it is a pain to carry and heavy.. the Quick Strike is easy to pop up and take down and very light to carry.. 

http://www.camofire.com/forum/hunting-deals/gorilla-gear-quick-strike-pro-pop-up-blind
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

spaightlabs

I bought a Primos Vision this AM at Bass Pro (they price matched Rogers) - got it for $149 (normal $249 at BP) - takes under 10 seconds to set up - almost foolproof - set it up and took it down 20 times, no problems.

Came with the carry pack that also holds a chair and a gun or bow and stakes.

alan73

the doghouse type is very easy and quick to set up take down on the otherhand takes some practice to get it back into its pack.
used a brickhouse hub style blind and it took a little longer to set up but take down was a little easier it didnt last to long hubs broke and the material ripped from the hub so would have to say the doghouse is a little more durable also.

BlkJeep

Quote from: spaightlabs on April 07, 2012, 02:39:00 PM
I bought a Primos Vision this AM at Bass Pro (they price matched Rogers) - got it for $149 (normal $249 at BP) - takes under 10 seconds to set up - almost foolproof - set it up and took it down 20 times, no problems.

Depends what camo pattern you get, predator camo  is more $$.  i have one its  the bomb! Not super bulky but the magnetic windows make it worth it. They are super  quite!! I think wal mart even sells them online.

spaightlabs

Quote from: BlkJeep on April 07, 2012, 04:07:26 PM
Quote from: spaightlabs on April 07, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Depends what camo pattern you get, predator camo  is more $$.  i have one its  the bomb! Not super bulky but the magnetic windows make it worth it. They are super  quite!! I think wal mart even sells them online.

Mine is the predator camp - I've used the predator all over KS, NE, CO and WY and it works well everywhere I've set it up. 

I like that it has brush straps on it too - be nice to brush it in a bit - the old Double Bulls didn't have that as an option, not that you really need it for turks, they just ain't that sharp....