OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Easiest pop up blind to set up

Started by slicksbeagles1, April 05, 2012, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

what is the easiest pop up ground blind to set up?

bird

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I have an ameristep tomtaker 2 and the devastator but I've also used double bulls and some off brands.

They are all very simplistic in design but I'd have to go with the double bull or devastator given the simplicity and the features found within their design style.

eaglea1

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Trevor2

I like the hub style they take just a few seconds more and are twice as easy to pop down.
Strutstopper

jellybusta

I haven't compared it to any others but I bought an Ameristep Reaper from Dicks for 140 and really like how much room it has and how easy it is to put up and take down, I was scared that I was wasting my money paying so little for a blind but I was really pleased with my choice after using it.

handcannon

For the spring steel collapsible type, the Ameristep Doghouse is really quick to set up and pretty easy to tote. It takes a little practice to take it down and pack away but after you get it, there is nothing to it.

For a hub style, I have the Ameristep Brickhouse. It's like most hub styles for speed of set up and take down with plenty of room. Just a bulky item to tote around to set up on a bird with if that is what you are planning. It would be great to have set up already in a specific location but as far as running around locating a bird with it accross your shoulder, I'd pick something like the Doghouse.

bowhunter32

i have the double bull...i can set it up in less tha. 10 sec...i think primos owns them now...one of the best investments i ever made..... :icon_thumright:

Gobblerstopper

I'm also a fan of the hub style blinds.  The Rhino XP-1 to be exact.  What sold me on them was their customer service.

The blind itself is very nice and is pretty much the same as the original Double Bulls before Primos started selling them and lowered their quality.

It is roomy and quiet with a great UV protected fabric.  IMO, the best blind on the market.

boomer

Double bull is a pretty fast set up and take down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

slicksbeagles1

anyone ever tried the ameristep backstrap?

neal

Barronett blinds very easy and have great window configerations! And they were invented and named after a town 20 min from me :)
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

mountman62

have used the doghouse blind for several years, took 5 birds out of it last year, i usually only use one of the top poles if any, doesn't take very long to pop up and down once you figure it out, i will run & gun in the morning , then sit in one the midday and afternoon,then try to roost a bird, usually when i set one up, i have a 360 remote control strutter and 2 or 3 hen decoys out and stay a while, heck to carry in, but enjoyable to sit in for a long time, my son won a baronett blind at a NWTF banquet, it's big enough for 4 folks easy, any other thoughts on them
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]