turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

stools to sit on while hutting

Started by Bossmoss, April 05, 2012, 09:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossmoss

I see Cabelas has a gobbler lounge to sit in anyone use one. My back and hips kill me sitting on the ground looking for something to help me sit still and longer. I also know hs makes a seat? looking for any ideas.

bird

The gobbler lounger is the best ground level seat you can use for turkey hunting. The carry sling is kinda chentzie and uncomfortable.  Some people carry their seat in a custom made carry bag but I prefer to use the carry sling from a blind bag myself.

Roostem33

Gobbler lounger is by far the way to go, if I had to sit on the ground I'm afraid I wouldn't make it long.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

RutnNStrutn

You just can't go wrong with the Gobbler Lounger!! Mine goes with me everywhere I hunt!! I don't mind the sling. I just toss it over my shoulder and head into the woods. The only problem I have with mine is it is so comfortable I fall asleep in it. ;D

Bossmoss

Thanks guys,  your great sales men you sold me. Sounds like my only problem will being awake when he comes in guess thats better than leaving early.

Basin_hunter

I love my lounger ! I have been carrying it for the last 2 years and I finally killed a bird this year sitting in it. Normally I like to run and gun. I had to turn to my right side to shoot the bird and I don't think I would have been able to turn like that sitting on the ground. You won't be disappointed it. And yes it is great for mid morning naps !   :gobble:
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

TURKEYWHACKER

Best thing to keep ya still and comfortable till a strutter comes into range...or nap while dreamin' of one.

runngun

I use "the ultimate hunting chair" someone on here along time ago recommended them so I did an Internet search and ordered one. It does not bury up, and has a high back. Very comfortable!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

turkey slayer

Quote from: Roostem33 on April 05, 2012, 10:15:53 AM
Gobbler lounger is by far the way to go, if I had to sit on the ground I'm afraid I wouldn't make it long.
:agreed:  i love mine!

handcannon

Another vote for the Gobbler Lounger. I just bought two for myself and my son. I'm a large fella and it holds me really comfortably. The strap does need improving but I plan on modifying mine soon. Heck, my son even uses his inside the house. He will plop it down in front of the big screen while he is playing his PS3.

BigMick

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on April 05, 2012, 09:54:14 AM
I have 2 gobbler loungers.... 1 for me, 1 for the wife...... the most comfortable chair/seat for turkey hunting.... buy one, you will love it.

Really pays off either when sitting in a moist/wet area as your butt won't get wet from sitting on the ground or when sitting up in a clump of undergrowth with no tree to sit against.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

X2

joey46

Gobbler Lounger - I've even used mine tailgating at sporting events.

cannonball

Quote from: joey46 on April 05, 2012, 06:58:19 PM
Gobbler Lounger - I've even used mine tailgating at sporting events.

X2 :agreed:

bigjb

Gobbler lounger is great but as said previously put a longer sling on it

gtrjames

I sat on the ground this morning too long on a slope....the turkey owes me a morphine shot for my back.