Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New to this forum board

Started by Austy, February 25, 2011, 11:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

Thought I would introduce myself.  I killed my first turkey when I was 13 and was hooked from that day.  I am from NE Pa and have been hunting  turkeys for 34+ years.  I have completed 1 Grand Slam and am working on finishing up on 2 more that are booked and in the works.  Since that first turkey I have made numerous turkey calls, all trial and error.  Every call that I have made I have put to the real life test and all have produced a response and on those lucky days a turkey to take home with me.  These turkeys here in the area of PA that I live in get hunted hard and knowing that a call that I made was able to produce a respose and sometimes a harvest is one of the most awesome feeling a turkey hunter can have.  It wasn't until recently that I found this site and some of the calls that I have seen on here a down right awesome.
I have made just about every type of call that there is out there in one shape, form or other.  I am always drawn back to my favorite 3 calls, Box, Pot and Trumpet/Wingbone, with a trumpet being a go to call when all other calls fail because of their unique sound, one that the birds in this area don't get hammered with too much.
I look forward to looking at the items that are posted herein.

dreis3

Austy, glad to see ya found this forum... When I saw the name I knew it had to be you.  Welcome to the best turkey hunting forum on web.  There are a ton of great people here and some outstanding call makers.  I don't know if Leo told you or not, but I have your calls just about finished up, I hope to have them over to you Sunday, Monday at the latest.   :welcomeOG:

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

harvester

turkey slayer

Basser69

PANYHunter

spurman

:hello99:  Welcome Austy, good luck this spring.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Dan Mallia

Hognutz

:welcomeOG: :hello99: :turkey2: :newmascot:Welcome to the O.G. forum. Enjoy your stay..Mike   :welcomeOG:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

jake slayer

REBELYELL

Woodsman4God

randlet