Previous topic - Next topic

would you be interested in having some gun raffle for charity

Yes
36 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Old Gobbler

Listen guys - We have done Raffles in the past - and we have done Charities also

Most of us here are turkey gun fanatics - What I want to do is see if the members here would like to have a kids charity raffle club with a raffle each month , we could rotate the charity or pick a good one , I insist it is for something like needy or sick children - we are talking cancer patients , autism , St Judes , Down Syndrome some 4 star rated ORG or the like   

what I was thinking is we locate a online broker or FFL - get a hold of popular turkey gun a month , add in our charity margin , split it up 35 ways and have the power ball #  1-35  pick out winner - FOOL PROOF , Ive done a raffle  like this before 

the winner would cover the FFL and shipping and we would send off a donation check to the charity

Something like a camo Remington 870 would be $15 a game per player , something very nice like SX3 , SB2 , over and under would be $25 to $30 a game - someone would win a gun   and some needy kids would get some revenue

we would need 35 members to buy a ticket , when the tickets are sold the game begins -

I need to find a interested FFL dealer or someone who knows a good reliable dealer - a good dealer  that would like to do something for kids , and wouldnt mind helping to handle the money

Im looking to generate $150 -$200 a raffle to charity each drawing for sick kids 

let me know--Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Lunchbox

I'm in, anything to help some needy kids. I assume we would use paypal, or something similar? Otherwise it could take weeks to get M.Os from everybody.

WildSpur

I would be in for $15 raffles.

Cluck more, yelp less

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

paypal would be the way to go

the order you payed , would be the # you get on the powerball - so if you are the 5the gut to pay you are #5 on the power ball - when all the tickets are sold - the next power ball will select the winner -

to be honest I dont have the time to be the legwork man for this , Im almost sure %100 that it would be popular - I could see about having a script page made to handle all the transactions - I could paypal the dealer the funds and notify them that so and so will be contacting them to pick up their gun , and the two of you work out the FFL details , I would then paypal the charity or a check and based on the popularity we could determine if there are to be more game

we could do youth guns

we could do waterfowl guns in the fall

we could do a very nice Mathews bow for archery

we could do a deer rifle for winter

we could do some turkey guns galore

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Clif Owen

I would try to participate each time. But, I have a question.....I believe there are more numbers than 35 in the powerball drawing. Unless that was a typo; why limit it to that number. The powerball is likely to be higher than that.

BrowningGuy88

I am in every time. Win or not - it never hurts to donate to charity.

Trevor2

Strutstopper

keyser12ga

You could always use this free service for the drawing http://www.random.org/  On the right side of the page you can input the amount of numbers you have and it will randomly select a number.

runngun

I would absolutely be in !!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bigboy84

mrlongbeard

i would be in on every raffle

superx2

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

cannonball