News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

georgia kill 3-31-12

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 03, 2012, 08:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

3-31-12 first georgoa kill...

well to say we had a ball for the first time being in georgia would be an understatement, when we finally arrived at the property to hunt we were a little late, not arriving until about 7:45.  As we pulled into the property there was already a gobbler strutting in an adjacent field with about 8 hens.  as we parked the turuck we spotted another gobbler that had been on his way to join the party but quickly turned around and went into the property we had permission to hunt.  When we exited the truck the land owner told us the boundary lines and off we went.  Not 10 minutes into he hunt my first set of yelps were answered by a thunderous gobble.  After working this bird for a little while he didnt feel like coming across the field and faded into the woods.  Not long after we had spotted another gobbler in the middle of the road strutting with a hen.  After they faded off we walked about 200 yards down the road and were once again answered by another gobbler about 200 yards away, this bird absolutely gobbled his head off, the only problem is he had about 5 hens around him that took him away.  So after all the excitement only about and hour into our hunt you could say we were a little excited.  Around 10:00 we were making our way back towards the front of the property when another gobbler started gobbling on his own about 300 yards away on the back side of a big thicket.  Well i knew we werent gonna call him through it, and not knowing the lay of the land he eventually got tired of of not coming to him.  At 11:00 we were standing by the front field of the property contemplating headig back to the house when all of a sudden the same bird that gobbled at 10:00 gobbled twice on his own.  GAME ON!!! now that we were at the front of the property i remember the land owner sayin there was a fire break that went into the center section of woods.  Well to my surprise the fire break led us to a wide open road back in the middle of no where.  We were now less than a 100 yards from the bird and he was coming, after about 10 miutes of playing the game i could tell the bird was walking the road right to us, i had already told my friend that he was the shooter and i would be the caller, when the bird gave his final gobble at 40 yards i knew it was a done deal, next thing was the sound of him spitting and drumming.  At 25 yards the bird finally died and the high fives started!!! This was was friends 2nd bird ever and it couldnt have been a better hunt...1 day in georgia 1 bird down!!!
20lbs 10 ich beard 1 1/4 spurs

a-j calls

Shellwaster

Awesome story with a great ending. Congrats to y'all.

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

savduck

Georgia Boy

T-town

turkey slayer

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

cannonball

boomer

:icon_thumright:Congrats!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

JVA54

RutnNStrutn

That's a nice bird!! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

nctrkyhntr

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call