turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ANYONE ELSE SUFFER FROM GOUT?

Started by REBELYELL, April 03, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT Spur Collector

Yep, hate to say it, my father-in-law had flare ups all the time. He laid off the red meat and beer, it went away. Try it for awhile.

lov2bhntn

I have had gout for about the past 3 years or so, started when I was 35.   Tried the Allopurinol, eating differently, all of that....    Finnaly, due to other issues, I had a full series of blood work done.   Found out that I was completely depleted of Vitamin-D and Testoterone.    I am now on 800UI of Vitamin-D and get 12 or so teststerone pills shoved under my skin every couple months.    No more gout!!!   Seems like the gout was a result of my other issues and how my kidneys were acting.   

stinkpickle

No red meat and alcohol???  WTF???  What else am I gonna eat for breakfast?   >:(

ceejay

Quote from: lov2bhntn on April 11, 2012, 10:26:33 AM
I have had gout for about the past 3 years or so, started when I was 35.   Tried the Allopurinol, eating differently, all of that....    Finnaly, due to other issues, I had a full series of blood work done.   Found out that I was completely depleted of Vitamin-D and Testoterone.    I am now on 800UI of Vitamin-D and get 12 or so teststerone pills shoved under my skin every couple months.    No more gout!!!   Seems like the gout was a result of my other issues and how my kidneys were acting.   

I'm curious about this.  Which medication is a pill that gets shoved under your skin??

lov2bhntn

Its called Testopel.   A small grain of testosterone is inserted just beneth the skin and relseased more naturally than getting the weekly/monthly shot.   The pills should last anywhere from 3 months to 6 months per treatment.    There are several youtube videos of the procedure.   I just started this treatment as the shots were wearing off too quickly and I couldn't sustain good levels while on the Androgels.   

Hootowl

I get a flare up every now and then in my right ankle, I take a Pill and it seems to help some, But the pain is so bad at times I could just lay down and Die, My wife says when it starts she wants to kick me out of Bed I move so much, I cant get it to quit hurting, I hate the pain, My ankle never swells but it hurts to even lay a Sheet on my feet. I have never taken the drug you talk about, But if it works I would love to try, they hurt Now,