OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Duck Dynasty.

Started by Hognutz, April 03, 2012, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

I see that Duck Dynasty is on A&E. Does this mean that Duck Commander, on Outdoor Channel is defunct? Looks to be the same show, just with a different name and channel. Anybody got the low-down on this??
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Trevor2

Quote from: Hognutz on April 03, 2012, 02:40:51 PM
I see that Duck Dynasty is on A&E. Does this mean that Duck Commander, on Outdoor Channel is defunct? Looks to be the same show, just with a different name and channel. Anybody got the low-down on this??
It is very similar but looks like it may be a little more behind the scenes than duck commander. I'm not even a duck hunter but like watch these boys seem real down to earth.
Strutstopper

Hognutz

Same with me. It's kinda fun to watch..

pseshooter300

It's not bad it has there wives on it more than the duck commander show
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

MouthCaller

It does seem like it could be staged but it is FUNNY! The conveyer belt powered by the truck was AWESOME! LOL! Oh and the security guard busting them catching the frog out of the golf course pond!  :TooFunny:

rivermafia

When their first video came out several years ago, it was as real as hunting gets. Seems to be more and more staged every video. JMO

neal

It's funny as all get out! But it is TV and believe it or not stuff is staged so take it for what you will.

I take it for 30min of good laughs!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Reloader

It sure is funny.  Dang sure better than some of the crap my wife watches.  She thinks it's hilarious, so we both get a kick out of watching it.  I guess knowing them makes it even better.

captin_hook

I like the show and I'm not a duck hunter, just seems to be staged a little too much.

honker22

I see the Duckmen pretty much every week. I live about 20 miles away and work right up the road from them. They are all Stand Up guys that fear the Lord. The A&E show definitely has some staged scenes but it is very entertaining.  Phil is a guy that normally hates attention but I can't blame him for these shows... Gotta get it while the gettin is good.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

duckaholic25

I you like the latest duckman videos then you need to get the first five. It was before all the advertising crap and when Louisiana used to get ducks to come down. Hands down the duck hunting videos ever made.

turkey slayer

I havent seen any of the shows yet but they look funny!

vicksburg

Quote from: duckaholic25 on April 03, 2012, 08:46:49 PM
I you like the latest duckman videos then you need to get the first five. It was before all the advertising crap and when Louisiana used to get ducks to come down. Hands down the duck hunting videos ever made.

I agree 100%  I have the first 4 on VHS, and they are sho nuff killin some ducks!
]

Hognutz

Soooo, does anybody know if the original Duck Commander is done with?

MDbowman

I think this show is to highlight the business and family aspect of the business more than it is a hunting show. If you are watching it to see hunting you will be disappointed.  Sure it is staged, it is a TV show. Look how many takes it took to do one scene on their cooking vid and I am sure each scene on the show is the same! Funny stuff though.