turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which DSD next?

Started by Walleyehawger, April 03, 2012, 01:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleyehawger

I currently have the upright hen. Have hunted over it for the past two years. I have only used decoys a small percentage of the time so far as running and gunning has been very productive for us. However this year I am going to try and take my two with my bow. Which decoy would you add next to the flock after the upright hen?

Turkey Trot

I predict that most will advise to go with the jake.  ;) ;)
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Hognutz

I asked the same question about a month ago. It was jake, hands down.. So I did just that. Will find out next week if it was a good move. (Hopefully)...
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Walleyehawger

Thanks, the jake is the way I was leaning. A shop here in Ontario is awaiting delivery. Hope they show up in time!  He does have all the hens as well as one Tom in stock though.

Dan Mallia

Jake all the way! Great posture on that decoy, meant to tick off those gobblers.

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

PureGold

JAKE! Mine now has about 30 pellets in him and you can't even tell. The two guys in the picture double up on these two nice toms and in the crossfire my JAKE was shot!

Can't really tell. Other than the pellets rolling around inside of him!

Good Luck!

All birds were killed over the Jake and Upright hen combo!

Walleyehawger

Thanks for the replies. I have my name on a Jake to keep the upright hen company lol!!