OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

4-3-12 Roost Killin

Started by ccleroy, April 03, 2012, 11:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvnut3

Hognutz

Congrats!! He is a dandy..That picture looks like a stinkin' postcard. It is beautiful!!   Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Doublej

Excellent picture! Congrats on a fine bird

TauntoHawk

Makes it feel easy when it works doesnt it!!

One of my main tactics is to roost a bird night before slide in WAY early close enough the roost to see him on the limb once its light.

give him a few yelps as he's about to fly down and let him strut for about 20 seconds thinking life is grand and hammer him. killed at least 5 within a minute of being on the ground
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wrangler95

:happy0064:

Very nice going,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Rio Fan

You always take really good pictures.  Congrats on another nice bird!  :icon_thumright:

chatterbox

WTG Rick! He's a dandy one for sure! :icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

that is a heck of a picture too! beautiful colors and love the angle looking up at all the green
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

handcannon

Sure glad your on my team. Heck, at the rate your going you could be on your own team. Congratulations Ricky!

timbrhuntr

Congrats  :icon_thumright: Nice pic. Did you take it by yourself? I need to take better pics but it is hard by yourself.

slamman

bitter sweet victory congrats

reflexl

I love to get under a roosted bird. Every now and them it backfires though. I had a bird that was roosting on the river that I couldn't kill. Some boys accross the river had called him so much that he was totaly call shy. One morning I slipped in and found him roosted. I slid down next to a old rock fence and planned to wait him out. As the sun came up he stared straight at me and turned on hte limb then flew accross the river. He lived through that year.......................

ccleroy

Yep I take the pics by myself, I have a small 5 inch mini tripod I keep in my vest that comes in handy.

timbrhuntr

Quote from: ccleroy on April 03, 2012, 07:22:13 PM
Yep I take the pics by myself, I have a small 5 inch mini tripod I keep in my vest that comes in handy.

Thanks!  I have one of those. No excuses I guess just gotta take better ones. Any tips? 

ccleroy

Quote from: timbrhuntr on April 03, 2012, 07:34:18 PM
Quote from: ccleroy on April 03, 2012, 07:22:13 PM

Thanks!  I have one of those. No excuses I guess just gotta take better ones. Any tips?

One of the best is always make sure you are facing the sun, never have the sun facing the camera lens.....us the 10 sec timer