News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choking your turkey (not a joke)

Started by SinGin, April 02, 2012, 06:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: redarrow on April 02, 2012, 07:20:03 PM
Well I tell ya. I wish I had my first kill on video. My wife still laughs about it. I shot a gobbler and he was flopping around so  I grab its neck.It kicked me in the groin and down I went. I wound up with one knee on each wing,both legs in one hand and the other hand around that suckers neck .I choked the snot out of that rascal and he finally gave up the ghost.

Yep... That's funny alright  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mossy835

Not sure but the preceding answers almost cost me a cup of coffee!!
:TooFunny: :funnyturkey:

Kylongspur88

Never heard this. I do know that if a bird is not yet dead when you walk up on him, if you put your foot on his head and take his legs and pull up that's it, quick finish.

davisd9

I have stood on the neck of birds that were not dead completely and killed them. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

handcannon

Quote from: Mike Honcho on April 03, 2012, 12:13:21 PM
After picking up a flopping tom with about 1 1/2" curved SHARP, spurs and getting my hand cut by the spurs, I use the standing on neck method.   I am 6' , 260lbs and it works well.   I still have the scar on my hand too.

Target Jakes. They are safer!  :TooFunny:

Gooserbat

Quote from: davisd9 on April 03, 2012, 01:49:26 PM
I have stood on the neck of birds that were not dead completely and killed them. 

The ol' foot to head syndrome will kill'em every time.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

SinGin

I think she ment you can't kill them by shutting off their  air supply. Now loading them up with a load of # 5's or breaking their neck is a different story. But it is the University of Missouri that she is learning this stuff. She also says it is possible to make a bomb out of a banana if it had an extra ion or something. Sam

mikejd

I have a good one. So I have my friend hunting with me first time turkey hunter. We walk up on a field and we hear gobbling coming from the middle of the field but since the field has some rutts and drops we can't see anything. We imedietly set up I'm gonna call he's gonna shoot. He knows if you can't see a beard you can't shoot. After about a half hour we have about an hour left until noon when our hunt is leagally over here in NY. These bird are not mooving(turned out they were with.about ten hens) so I signal to him I'm gonna sneak around the otherside to get a look. Now we both know were we will be so safety is no issue. I make my way about 125 yards down the side of this field when I decide I'm gonna crawl out a bit to see. Now why this is happening this bird is about 30 yds from my friend but he doesn't shoot because he is unsure of the beard( turned out to be 9"). Anyway he is watching annd watching all the while it is getting closer to me all of a sudden bam I smack him he goes down like a rock, my friend says at that point he figuered he should have shot, anyway the other bird bolts right to my friend and bam he bags that one. Now I know its safe I run out to grab my bird and he the same but his is still flopping. My friend don't know what to do I said grab.him he's dead but just don't know it yet. By the time we get to the wood line my friend is practically taking off like Mary Poppins going Wtf should I do I said ring his neck he says I can't he's biting me and if I let go he's gonna be gone. At this point I'm useless cause I'm rolling around laughing and this poor bastsrd is bugging out. Now he's on the ground and it looked like he was going for the pin when my father walked up and saw this comedy act grabbed his bird and snuffed him out.        This story brings back some good laughs. I'm on my lunch break rite now laughing out loud

chatterbox

Well I tell ya. I wish I had my first kill on video. My wife still laughs about it. I shot a gobbler and he was flopping around so  I grab its neck.It kicked me in the groin and down I went. I wound up with one knee on each wing,both legs in one hand and the other hand around that suckers neck .I choked the snot out of that rascal and he finally gave up the ghost.
There are things in life you wish you could see in person, and this would be one of those things! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: turkey_slayer on April 02, 2012, 07:00:56 PM
False. When I poke holes in their head to let more air in they end up dieing.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

FANMAN

Red....you are tearing me up....too funny. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

VA_Birdhunter

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Solid Snake

I started hunting 2 years ago and my first turkey got choked to death. All season I was out there like a rookie blaring my calls and not knowing a thing about how to turkey hunt. So the last day I get ahold of an experienced turkey hunter and have him take me out (learned a LOT that day). We have two birds roosted and after some very subtle and infrequent calling the bird comes within 25 yards. As I'm waiting for him to walk past a couple trees to get a shot he starts bugging out and pitches off the ground - he's about 10 feet off the ground when I shoot (in hindsight I probably shouldn't have shot).

The bird goes down but takes off running...after a long search we find him and he takes off running (I just winged him when I shot) so now he's running through the woods and I start taking shots and my adrenaline is through the roof (remember this is the first time I have hunted anything really) so I am putting my bead on his head and not leading him so I'm shooting behind but my last shell connects with his body but he is still running just slower! Those birds are tough as hell! Anyway I tell the guy that's hunting with me I'm out of shells so he chases the bird down and tackles it and chokes it out. I'm positive he died more because he was choked to death rather than his wounds from my shot.

It was a crazy excited hunt but I would MUCH rather just fill the next one's head full of lead. I would have felt horrible if we never found that bird.

Eric Gregg

This right here deserves a vote for the best story of the year on OG.
This is a good one :TooFunny: