only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got it done this morning

Started by Shellwaster, April 01, 2012, 09:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellwaster

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 02, 2012, 11:13:27 PM
Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome hunt!!! :icon_thumright:
Tell me more about that scattergun. It looks like a classic old gun. What's the info on it? ???

I wish it was a classic, maybe one day.  It is a Spartan Arms (Remington import) single shot 12 gauge. I had a smith square the stock, add a limbsaver pad, cut the barrel and threaded for choke (remchoke), swivel studs added and new front bead installed. I have since (myself) polished the barrel and custom fit a picatinny rail on the barrel for the FastFire III. I'm shooting an Indian Creek .665 choke and have gotten great results from 3", 2-1/4 oz #6 Hevi-13 but incredible results from 3", 2-1/4 oz #4,5,7 Nitro's (242 in 10" at 40 yards).

The entire gun, loaded, weighs in at just under 7 lbs which makes carrying a breeze. 

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Big Timber

REM280

timbrhuntr

captin_hook

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

stinkpickle

Quote from: Shellwaster on April 03, 2012, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 02, 2012, 11:13:27 PM
Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome hunt!!! :icon_thumright:
Tell me more about that scattergun. It looks like a classic old gun. What's the info on it? ???

I wish it was a classic, maybe one day.  It is a Spartan Arms (Remington import) single shot 12 gauge. I had a smith square the stock, add a limbsaver pad, cut the barrel and threaded for choke (remchoke), swivel studs added and new front bead installed. I have since (myself) polished the barrel and custom fit a picatinny rail on the barrel for the FastFire III. I'm shooting an Indian Creek .665 choke and have gotten great results from 3", 2-1/4 oz #6 Hevi-13 but incredible results from 3", 2-1/4 oz #4,5,7 Nitro's (242 in 10" at 40 yards).

The entire gun, loaded, weighs in at just under 7 lbs which makes carrying a breeze. 

Nice!  Did you say 3" 2 1/4oz?  Is that 30113 Economy loads or the all-lead loads?  Just curious...

Oh...and sweet bird, by the way!!!   :D     :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Shellwaster

Nice!  Did you say 3" 2 1/4oz?  Is that 30113 Economy loads or the all-lead loads?  Just curious...

Oh...and sweet bird, by the way!!!   :D     :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
[/quote]

Bad information, sorry about that.  The shells I'm shooting are Nitro H321 which is 3" 2oz in 4x5x7 (hevi shot).

I think 2-1/4 oz would be nearly impossible with 3".

lightsoutcalls

That bird is NITRO DEAD!  ;D  Congratulations!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!