News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gay birds

Started by surehuntsalot, April 01, 2012, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

I ran across a group of gay birds this morning
we finally heard 2 somewhat after daylight this morning,got in pretty close and set up
both birds gobbled several times in the tree,the one closest to us flew down and landed around 60-70 yds in front of my partner,he couldn't see him because of the foliage
the other bird flew down away from us,both birds gobbled several times once on the ground,all of a sudden a new bird across the road from us started gobbling and I'm talking gobbling like crazy as he came our way.
he came through and picked up both of the other birds and they all walked away from us gobbling as they left,the birds were headed to a power line so we headed there also,by the time we got there,the birds were already in the middle of it.there were no hens around anywhere,the birds were strutting and carrying on,I figured this was maybe their strut zone or something,then the birds started sparring with each other,no really fighting,we were watching this whole thing with our binoculars from inside the wood line
the next thing we see are the three birds standing there rubbing against one another,yes I said rubbing up against one another
I tried calling to them,but they showed no interest what so ever,guess I wasn't speaking the right language  :o
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

guesswho

That don't surprise me one bit.  I've been telling ya'll the woods are full of them.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Spring_Woods

Quote from: guesswho on April 01, 2012, 09:01:52 PM
That don't surprise me one bit.  I've been telling ya'll the woods are full of them.

That's a big +2.  ;D

I've thought this for years!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

TRKYHTR

Gobble at um.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

timberjack86

Try a turkey fight! If that dont work put out a full strut decoy!

guesswho

Quote from: timberjack86 on April 01, 2012, 09:11:13 PM
Make sure his tail is facing the funny gobbler, and that it's raised up really high.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

pullit

Quote from: guesswho on April 01, 2012, 09:01:52 PM

Seen a few myself

Lenny870

Deffinatley seen a few :TooFunny:

BOFF

Got it on video.

Two molested the hen decoy, while the other two molested the gobbler decoy.

My daughter took the one currently on top of the gobbler decoy, to stop some of this funny business.

God Bless,
David B.

budtripp

Lord knows I've run across my share of gay turkeys over the years  :TooFunny:

chatterbox

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: guesswho on April 01, 2012, 09:25:58 PM
Quote from: timberjack86 on April 01, 2012, 09:11:13 PM
Make sure his tail is facing the funny gobbler, and that it's raised up really high.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

jakebird

Whatever u do, make sure all three of them wind up in the smoker before the year is out. Need to get them fellas out of the gene pool. U might try a jake decoy with a pink scarf around his neck, and if that doesn't work try an electronic caller playing Clay Aiken's greatest hits.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

deerhunt1988

You gotta add a lisp to your yelping....

bowhunter32

omg....pink scarf!!!..lol
... :TooFunny: