turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bearded hen

Started by ohiostrutter, April 01, 2012, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Beard

I've shot 2 bearded hens including one last spring.  I was going to let her walk but decided that since I was carrying 2 youth, my son-in-law, my daughter, my brother, and a couple of friends, I'd better not look a gift turkey in the beak.  Only bird I harvested.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

mrlongbeard

I have seen a half dozen or so bearded hens over the last 30 years of turkey hunting and let everyone of them walk. No challenge killin hens in my opinion. To each his own I guess. I am after those big ole long bearded gobblers only.

tyelper

its got to gobble for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

runngun

Hognutz, did the beard itch, or irritate your skin??? LoL
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

runngun

Mudhen, I am aware that DEAD hens lay no eggs!!! I asked the question because I remember reading a study regarding bearded hens were not able to be bred and lay eggs as they are infertile.
The BIG deal is in some areas some people are not as lucky to see bearded hens everyday!!!
I am not going to judge as long as it is a LEGAL kill!!! It is the hunter's decision!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TREEDOG

Quote from: tyelper on April 03, 2012, 10:03:12 PM
its got to gobble for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0BSNwaiTe0

So this one fair game then?  :TrainWreck1:

I say it up to you. They all taste good!

RutnNStrutn

I've had 3 opportunities to shoot a bearded hen, but unfortunately, each time I was in a state that didn't allow me to harvest them. I would like to shoot one and mount it, just to add to the collection.