OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Merriam HUNTS

Started by pullit, February 07, 2011, 08:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullit

I am looking to try and go on a Merriam hunt this spring. I had some pm's that people had sent me with guide info on good people that they knew about.
I lost all that during the site crash.
If anyone has any info on good hunts/guides I would love to hear about it.

Thank you
John

Turkeyfan

Call Jack McDaniel in South Dakota 605 856 2623. Tell him Tommy Taylor in Kentucky told me to call. He can takke care of you, no problem.

pullit

Thanks, anyone else with info would be appreciated.

pullit

anyone else know of anyone?

gatrapper

Im interested in hearing as well. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

st4wheel

LIMBHANGER

Executioner

You won't find a better place than Nebraska Trophy Bucks and Birds. www.1greathunt.com Just ask ol' Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland how good it is. Believe they filled all their tags with the kills captured on camera in 1 1/2 days, think it was 9 tags. Great folks and great memories. Tell Jim that Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" recommended him. Some of the greatest hunting anwhere in the country. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

Executioner

You can see their hunts from NE on their show, Hunting The Country on this week on the Outdoor Channel. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

2INCHHOOKS

You can check out http://www.cowcreekranches.com/merriam_turkey.html

These guys are Real reasonable and tons of turkeys here finished my slam here on crutches shot 2 birds unreal ..

wvboy

Quote from: 2INCHHOOKS on February 09, 2011, 03:59:20 PM

These guys are Real reasonable and tons of turkeys here finished my slam here on crutches shot 2 birds unreal ..

Ditto .. but I think your link is bad..  try this one.. http://www.cowcreekranches.com/merriam_turkey.htm

pullit .. I sent you a PM about these guys before the site crash when you had ask before.. great folks.. I have video footage of three kills and over 27 jakes from last year.. so they should be loaded with Long Beards this spring..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

pullit

Quote from: wvboy on February 09, 2011, 04:36:17 PM
Quote from: 2INCHHOOKS on February 09, 2011, 03:59:20 PM

Ditto .. but I think your link is bad..  try this one.. http://www.cowcreekranches.com/merriam_turkey.htm

pullit .. I sent you a PM about these guys before the site crash when you had ask before.. great folks.. I have video footage of three kills and over 27 jakes from last year.. so they should be loaded with Long Beards this spring..

You did and before I could watch it the site crashed and I lost it. Thank you for send me the link again.

Executioner

Quote from: Executioner on February 09, 2011, 02:41:29 PM
You won't find a better place than Nebraska Trophy Bucks and Birds. www.1greathunt.com Just ask ol' Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland how good it is. Believe they filled all their tags with the kills captured on camera in 1 1/2 days, think it was 9 tags. Great folks and great memories. Tell Jim that Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" recommended him. Some of the greatest hunting anwhere in the country. God bless.
Forgot to mention that their hunters filled every single tag last year. When I hunted there it was the last 2 days of the season and the birds we killed were the biggest spurs for the season. TONS of merriams to be hunted and they have over 30,000 acres to hunt them.

pullit

Executioner
I called and talked to Jim this morning. I called my buddy that I am going with and talked about it with him.
We are making up a list of guides and he is on the short list.

Executioner

Glad to hear that and believe me, it's UNREAL how responsive their birds are to the calls. Called 'em through a fence and across a gravel road away from hens, had another one come sprinting all the way to the gun(had to keep calling so I could get the tripod set up fast enough, always a great problem to have), called two hens in to within 3 feet and even when they walked away was able to call the gobbler that was gobbling to me instead of him going to them(not using decoys), called a flock of birds with multiple longbeards/jakes/hens into our laps, next day called the same flock back into our laps, and plenty of other great memories up there with Jim. You won't be disappointed if you choose to go there believe me, they know their land and their birds. God bless.