turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee Gooblers

Started by OLE RASPY, April 01, 2012, 01:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Has kicked me and my buddys BUTT for the last 2 mornings.Im not going into detail much but these gobblers have made me and my buddy look STUPID.They are not roosted where they have been roosted well actually there not roosted on the land we got permission to hunt.We have chased them around and around once they fly down but we have alot of hens and i mean lots of hens to deal with and the boys just wont commit.once they fly down they make it to our property but its been a no go so far.Told my buddy this morning i havent worked this hard for a bird in years,maybe our luck will change in the morning we got another setup. 

Trevor2

Stick with them and good luck
Strutstopper

pullit

luck follows hard work, good luck.

OLE RASPY

Its waying heavy on my mind cant believe this is happening. :-[ :(

TRKYHTR

Hang in there. they will give in sooner or later.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

OLE RASPY

Whats got me in a uproar is we only have limited time down there.I actually have more time than my buddy but i told him that i wouldnt hunt the property with out him there cause we got permission together and I just wouldnt feel right if i killed a bird and he wasnt there and plus we are trying to video.Thats just me, im like that.Anyway we only got to hunt this weekend till 11:00 am each day and hes taking 4 hours off of work in the mornin (im always off every monday) and we are headed back down there.We get to hunt next monday and no more till last weekend of tn season.We are not hunting down there when our season is in here.So time is running thin.Hopefully something pans out.Were prolly not taking the cam corder in the morning so we can be more mobile.Another thing is we only scouted this property 2 times and then season came in so really we are going in blind not having a clue where they roost all the time just going by what the land owner says and hes not a hunter.Cant go in the evenings to see where they are roosted before the morning comes so we are going in blind every morning.Anyway nuff of this.Im out 2:30am is gonna come quick.Thanks for reading.

OLE RASPY

Well folks today was alittle better but still no bird.

I am AUCTIONING off all my turkey hunting gear everything  goes to the highest bidder.

JUST KIDDING. :lol:

DANG  OLE BIRDS

Stood in the middle of this 100 acreas this morning to listen before we went anywhere.Went to the closet gobbler that gobbled at day break and got setup within 200 yards off him (actually there was 2 ofem).It was on  a green field that we heard them gobblin at yesterday but got busted by a hen.Anyway, they flew down away from us with there stinkin hens and we waited it out till 8:00am no show.So i stood up and let my crow call rip and he gobbled dont know where his buddy went.So we eased up closer to him and finally saw him struttin in the middle of this wide open woods by his self.We got within 100 yards of him and sat down.My buddy made some soft calling on his lynch jet slate call and he gobbled and i started scratching in the leaves.I saw him go out of strut and make about 10 steps forward and goes back in strut and turns goes back out of site.We didnt touch the call for 20 minutes hoping he would come find us.Well we waited what seemed like eternity and NOTHING.I put a mouth call in and did some cuttin on it and he cut me off he was bout 400 yards from us now up on a ridge on  somebody else and my buddy had to go to work so we left.We was walking back to the vehicle and heard him gobble again and he was even further.My buddy said we should have gobbled at him cuz that was a gay gobbler :lol: and all i could think of is what would RONNIE (AKA) GUESSWHO WOULD DO. :TooFunny:

We wont be going back till next monday hopefully that will give them gobblers enough time to breed every live hen and get rid ofem and come find some fake hens. :lol:

Talked to a resident that hunts there and he said he is having a time to.He asked if we were having any luck and told him what was happening and he said the same thing was happening to him.He said this area is always loaded with birds and (still is)but hasnt seen it this bad in years he said.As far as the gobblers with the hens.The gobblin on roost is hit or miss and soon they fly down there gone with the hens.They arent even roosted much on our property and if they are they fly down to someone eleses land.So maybe they will be back on this prop next week.

GOOD LUCK HUNTIN. 

Hognutz

Give 'em heck, Raspy. You can do this.. I am sure of that.. Good luck, My friend..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

chipper

There henned up where I'm hunting too. I killed 1 at 11:53 am yesterday and he was alone, should have killed one this morning in a field, had him coming but 10 jakes cut him off before he got there, all 10 jakes milled around me for 15 minutes afterwards but the longbeard never showed back up, I left at 11:30.

Garrett Trentham

We hunted Sat and Sun and never called at a gobbler that didn't have hens. We chased a flock of five longbeards and six hens around all morning on Saturday and never could get the gobblers to leave the hens. Had them at about eighty yards at one point, but they would just gobble and strut, never would come in.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like my season thus far in SC. Don't give up Rasp!! I came into this season thinking it would be one of my best ever, but so far, I've got one bird and not a whole lot of time left. Hopefully your season, and mine, will start improving, and quickly at that!!

mossy835

Patience you can get one. You have before this just makes it more of a challenge. Good luck!!!

gophert

I'm experiencing the same thing here in Middle TN.  Gobble on the roost then fly down to hens and not gobble very much. 

I've been watching and not calling much for 2 days to try and pattern their movement.  I'm gonna try that and try to get where they want to go. 

Good luck!

surehuntsalot

hunt them later in the morning
it's not the harvest,it's the chase