OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shoot a coyote or gobbler

Started by BOFF, February 07, 2011, 08:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunting situation. Big Gobbler on the right of barrel, coyote on left of barrel. Can only shoot one. Which one do you choose and why?

Coyote
Big Gobbler
Neither, I was asleep
Neither, I wanted to watch what would happen.

runngun

I have had this exact same thing happen. The coyote caught the NTRO. If a coyote comes in to a turkey call he is dying, cause he had one thing on his mind and that was eating a turkey, and for that he has to pay the price.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

guesswho

I shoot the yote.  I figure I can shoot the gobbler tomorrow.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

1esso

Spellnj3

Gobbler, they mean more to me than a dirty ol dog.   :cowboy:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

turkeybow

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

OLE RASPY

I would shoot the gobbler first cuz thats what im there for and i have killed several yotes. I can also hunt yotes year round.Then i would take the turkey carcass after i got what i wanted to eat and bait the yote with it.Then shoot the yote when he comes in to the dead carcass.

turkeybow

When I first saw the poll I was thinking I would shot the turkey 1st and then try to get the yote.  If I couldn't I would hope the flopping or more calling would coax him to come back for another look.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

TClark

Here in WV we can shoot the Coyotes any time.
Coyote (Hunting - day)*** Continuous Open Season
Coyote (Hunting - night)*** January 1 July 31

so I'd take the turkey.
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

jakesdad

Yote season is closed in missouri during turkey season......to protect turkeys,not yotes.we have to quit at 1:00 and in years past it was a real problem of guys with shotguns,camo,and turkey calls "hunting" yotes til dark.MDC solved that problem pretty quick.Not sayin it dont still happen,just happens before 1:00 :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

BOFF

This poll actually brought a few things to my attention. In Alabama, there is no closed season on the coyote.  Duh!!!   Never thought about there being a closed season in other states.

Also, I'm blessed to have some family property to mainly hunt on. In the past, when hunting management areas only, my vote might of changed.

God Bless,
David B.

jakesdad

Like I said missouri closes coyote season for turkey reasons only.Im not saying one should break the law,but I dont imagine one would be in a whole lot of trouble if a coyote was blasted during legal turkey hours.Once again,not recommending,just saying................

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

gobb-lemon

Would have to take the Gobbler....I would fill my tag.... With limited number of days
in the field due to family,kids and work  THE GOBBLER
NOW turn back the time 15yrs when i took off 3 weeks to hunt in the spring it would be the Coyote 

savduck

Gobbler first and then the coyote right up the tail pipe.
Georgia Boy

Roostem33

Coyote for sure, we have way to many where i hunt.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Fox Fire

The gobbler first, save the coyote for later on after turkey season closes. :z-guntootsmiley: