Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

patterned my new gun today....im pleased!! need opinions

Started by chaz_Z7, March 31, 2012, 08:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz_Z7

i shot my new gun today and here are the results...the remington choke that came with the gun impressed me.. the rem choke and hevi shot choke are mine , i borrowed the other 2 chokes from friends so if i go with them ill have to buy a new choke and with days counting down i really dont want to do that...so tell me what you think..

Perry296

I'd stick with the rem choke that's a dead bird no matter how you look at it.

Fullfan

Looks good to me with the Rem choke. Send the IC back and buy mors shells.
Don't gobble at me...

sugarray

I like the Rem Choke as well.  Look at the area between 10-20".  Choose which ever has the best coverage in that area too.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Both the Rem Choke and the Hevishot choke look good.  You could hunt with either with confidence.

Count your 20in numbers and see where they come in and how even the pattern is.

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Fullfan on March 31, 2012, 08:23:09 PM
Looks good to me with the Rem choke. Send the IC back and buy mors shells.
agreed!! looks good Chaz  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Lenny870

Trevor2

Id stick with the hevi choke, looks like less wholes in it inside the 10"
Strutstopper

C J Stahly

While some might be slightly better than others, I would say that bird is hanging over your shoulder with any of those. 

The deciding factor for me would be the evenness of the 10-20 inch circles.  I would also shoot it at about 15-20 yards to see how tight they are.  Since you know what they can do at 40 and they look good I would try to use the one that gives you the more open pattern at 15-20 yards.  Either way at the end of the day you are putting a tag on a bird.

hookedspur

I have to agree with the majority and go with the Rem Choke as well.  :newmascot:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

msgobblergetter

If you are going for less voids in the patterns, I'd go with the jelly head or hevi choke.  They are about as even as it gets.  Can't go wrong with the Rem Choke either.  You are one of the lucky ones... Most of us have to spend loads of money on chokes and shells... Looks like you just need to stock up on shells and you are good to go.  I'd be curious to see what your gun would do with Win Xtended Range shells.

hunter-b

Quote from: msgobblergetter on April 01, 2012, 10:07:57 AM
If you are going for less voids in the patterns, I'd go with the jelly head or hevi choke.  They are about as even as it gets.  Can't go wrong with the Rem Choke either.  You are one of the lucky ones... Most of us have to spend loads of money on chokes and shells... Looks like you just need to stock up on shells and you are good to go.  I'd be curious to see what your gun would do with Win Xtended Range shells.
X2  Rem. looks good

Cutt

i shot my new gun today and here are the results...the remington choke that came with the gun impressed me..

I also have mentioned how well the factory Remington Wingmaster choke shot as compared to other brand name chokes a few times. It is a very good choke and have said to others to save their money and give that choke a fair shake, if it came with their new gun.

Mainly because, 95% of post asking what choke to use with the Remington, never even mention this choke, as it's always some other brand? For some reason, this choke does not get the recoginition it should? Nice patterns

cannonball