OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

favorite aluminum pot call

Started by rcpigg65, March 31, 2012, 06:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcpigg65

I bought one of the knight and hale hammer series aluminum calls several years ago and have been very impresssed with it especially for striking a gobbler on really windy days or at long range . recently i picked up a newer version that they sell and not so impressed with it . Any body have a favorite they would recomend ? I figure that old hammer will lose its sound quality eventually or like all plastic bottom calls get broken and wanted a better quality call .

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Assassin Aluminum! Easy to run quiet or aggresive and it's all turkey.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

cannonball

David Halloran birdseye maple aluminum, I have one and love it.

hunter22

I just got an aluminum call from Bill Lyman, aka callmakerman. I have at least a dozen aluminum calls and this one is now my favorite. It is easy to see why he won 1st and 2nd in the aluminum division at Nationals this year.

West Augusta

I've got an old Quaker Boy Aluminator that I really like and still carry.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Chris Downs

I'm running a Halloran right now and really like it.  I've had everything from the original MAD super aluminator, to the Cane Creek pro custom, to Zink's power hen aluminum.  I really liked the Zink and the Cane Creek is really nice too.  Don't know if it was just because it was one of the first out or the first I had, but I am probably still the most impressed with that old plastic pot aluminum from MAD...haha.

TauntoHawk

I have had both Knight and Hale calls you are refering too and they always served me well but I got a Hooks Assassin Aluminum and its a whole nother level of turkey.. favorite call I own

I'd like to add a Lights Out aluminum too at some point but the hooks call is a great buy
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Snoody Bastid

I use a Cane Creek Pro alumunum over glass. Great sounding call.

Scout24

Out of 6-8 aluminums, Cane Creek Pro Custom is my favorite also, for $35.

Barry Keicks

for the price I am pretty impressed with my Zink Thunder Ridge

bowhunter32

lights out aluminum yellowheart...schweet.... :you_rock:

scoot12

Darrin Dawkins walnut aluminum,  Bill Lymans wenge aluminum are both awesome.  Its a tossup between those.  Also the Lightsout yellowheart is nice.  Scoot

redowl

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Chris Downs on March 31, 2012, 09:49:02 PM
I'm running a Halloran right now and really like it.  I've had everything from the original MAD super aluminator, to the Cane Creek pro custom, to Zink's power hen aluminum.  I really liked the Zink and the Cane Creek is really nice too.  Don't know if it was just because it was one of the first out or the first I had, but I am probably still the most impressed with that old plastic pot aluminum from MAD...haha.
I have a MAD calls Super Aluminator and I must agree mine has a good sound too.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

RoosterRD

Quote from: Chris Downs on March 31, 2012, 09:49:02 PM
Don't know if it was just because it was one of the first out or the first I had, but I am probably still the most impressed with that old plastic pot aluminum from MAD...haha.

Me 2... still love the old MAD.  I found 3 at a local sporting goods a couple of years ago that were covered in dust. I got all 3 at a bargin discount just in case i ever lost my original. I have been talked out of 2 of them, but going to hold onto the last one for hard times.