OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Visit with Paw Paw in South Bama

Started by Shotgun, March 31, 2012, 12:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

Went down to South Bama for a few days to celebrate my Paw Paw's 87th birthday, do a little hunting, and help my grandparents out around the house.  The huntng was typical for the WMA I was in the last few yrs.  I only heard one gobbler and I brought him back to AR with me.  Paw Paw wasn't able to hunt, but he was still able to fill up an ice chest with bream and dish out projects for me to do around the house.  I had to come back  to work to get a little break. 

calebb

Congrats on a good trip and a good bird! I like that last pic, got a few of my own with the ole' Double M getting respect

CASH

Congrats.  Wish my g'pa was still around
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

MouthCaller

Quote from: CASH on March 31, 2012, 03:39:53 AM
Congrats.  Wish my g'pa was still around

X2, no doubt! Mine is the reason Im going to the woods this morning.

R AJ

You just can't beat those experiences for all involved. I look forward to some experiences like this with my grandchildren.
If you can't turkey hunt but can still catch a mess of bream then that ain't too bad either.

JVA54

redarrow

Hognutz

Congrats on the bird!! Always nice to spend time with the folks, as well..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

chatterbox

That's a great story, and great pics! :icon_thumright:
You're a really good grandson. Not enough people like you around. Your grandpa looked awfully proud of you and that fine bird you shot!
Looks like Paw paw did a fine job of fishing! :icon_thumright:

cannonball

runngun

You are a good grandson. To many these days don't do things like that. I am proud of you. Thanks for the post!!!

Good Luck and God Bless
                Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

guesswho

Cool!  Paw Paw looks like he's mighty proud of that turkey bird, or I guess it could be you ;).   Good job!!!! And congrats on the only Bama bird that was left in the state.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HARDCORE

He gobbled, bad decision on his part, glad to hear he got to take a ride in your truck.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Gramps looks happy catching the bream but I can almost guarantee, that you being there is what he was really smiling about.

HC

TRKYHTR

That picture says a thousand words. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

surehuntsalot

good job
you can never spend to much time with your Grandparents
it's not the harvest,it's the chase