Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi Public Land Gobbler.....DEAD!

Started by HARDCORE, March 30, 2012, 10:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARDCORE

Quote from: redleg06 on March 31, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
....but did you use a turkey call to kill that ol wiley mississippi bird???  I hear they run from the sound of other turkey when you cross the state line in to Mississippi.  ;)

Yes, all turkey talk, my best effort anyways.

But I have to admit, he did run . . . . straight to me, I shot him in self defense at 12 yards. Dang turkey almost caused me to miss.

HC

AndyH

HARDCORE

Quote from: Preacher on March 31, 2012, 03:54:23 PM
Just keep up with how long before it happens like that again,   not trying to take anything form you ,  you did an outstanding job, congrats!!!!!!!,,   and if you can consistently take birds on public land in Mississippi, you can go any where and hunt anything successfully.

Robin, I agree, luck was with me on that hunt but I was determined to NOT go home empty handed.

BTW, I have to admit something, at sunrise I had heard nothing, my owl and crow rendition produced zilch, I figured it was time to try what my brother and myself call the "Preacher" to draw a gobble, needless to say it worked.  ;)

HARDCORE

Quote from: Rio Fan on March 31, 2012, 04:00:32 PM
Congratulations!  :icon_thumright:

How have you and your brother done in Alabama so far?

It's been tough hunting, hot, gnats are horrible, and the video camera batteries are always needing to be recharged, go figure.

HC

Preacher

If I don't bring anything else to the table , I can bring the volume!!!!!!!! :drool:

tuff old Mississippi bird success= being in the right place + sounding like a turkey + being alert + patience x confidence+ luck (x) having a good time

yall come see me and we will do a HOOT DUIET
Romans 8:37

paladin

Hey Hardcore I think big timber was trying to trick you with one of those Jedi Mind tricks. If you want to hear a Lie as a turkey hunter for details like that.  "did ya hear anything"..."yep but it was far off and I couldn't tell the direction...it may not have even been on our property." Translates to the gobbler strutted just out of shotgun range for most of the morning. :TooFunny:
"have gun-will travel"

Ol'Mossy

redleg06

Quote from: guesswho on March 31, 2012, 05:46:17 PM
If he wasn't call shy from being on that MS public land, he is now :icon_thumright:

dead turkey dont respond to calls...especially not in Mississippi. :toothy12:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jyoung

Aint nothin' too it! LOL! Congrats brother...

Take care and God bless,
Jonathan
Jonathan Young

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

nctrkyhntr

Mike Honcho

Nice tom....good job...makes it even more fun on public land!

n2deer

Quote from: Hardcore on March 30, 2012, 10:46:14 PM
Quote from: Big Timber on March 30, 2012, 10:24:11 PM
Way to go. What WMA were you hunting?

Thank you.

Where? I'm kinda reluctant to say because from what I've read about MS. public land, it's like finding a pearl in an oyster.  ;)

HC

First thing I noticed in the photo, I love it. Congrats

catdaddy

Way to put the "smackdown" on him--congrats!