OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg SA-28

Started by turk3ythug, May 14, 2024, 09:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk3ythug

Hey everyone, I was offered a SA28 Tactical Turkey at a good price so I'm probably gonna grab it but wanted to get yall's thoughts on the 28 as I'm pretty set in my ways on 12/20 gauge. I'm curious as to if the 28 shooting TSS is just as deadly at a similar distance as the 20ga. Has anyone ever been on a hunt and wished they had brought a bigger gun? I also have a wife and my 4yo boy that I'm wanting to get into it one day so if not for me I may still grab it for them. What are yall's thoughts?  :turkey2: 

turkeymanjim

I have a SA 28 and never fell under gunned.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

FL-Boss

How would a 28GA or even .410 be any less deadly than a 12ga at similar distance? They are all shooting TSS at basically the same 1,100ish FPS. The only difference between all of them is the payload...

turk3ythug

Quote from: FL-Boss on May 15, 2024, 05:50:29 PMHow would a 28GA or even .410 be any less deadly than a 12ga at similar distance? They are all shooting TSS at basically the same 1,100ish FPS. The only difference between all of them is the payload...
Yeah I get that I just grew up only ever shooting birds and squirrels with a .410 so I've never given the sub gauge guns a thought for turkey hunting only ever used a 12 and a 20. I'm gonna give the 28 a go next year. I've talked myself in and out of the 28 a few times so I really just needed some reassurance that it'll perform how I'd like.

Greg Massey

The 28 ga. is deadly and shoots awesome patterns. Check out on YouTunbe - Review this thing and see all the pattern videos with the Mossberg SA 28 Turkey Tactical

turkeymanjim

Mossberg SA 28 with tss # 9 at 40 yards.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk