turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi Hunt w/ Video...ENJOY!

Started by gophert, March 30, 2012, 01:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

I finally got to go back to where I am from in MS to hunt after probably 20 years.  I spent two days with my cousin and we were in birds for two days.  We had a little R&R on this bird that he was strutting in a field about 4:00 pm every afternoon.  So, at about 2:00 we headed out.  Not thinking he would be around until 4:00, we casually set up the decoys and made a little blind for the afternoon wait.  After 1 series of yelps at 2:15, my cousin says there he is.  About 75 yrds out in the middle of the field, just below a rise, we see his fan.  He never gobbled.  If we had been 15 minutes later we would have spooked him.  After a few yelps and A LOT of patience it all fell in to place. 

http://youtu.be/uYuC-zY5sMs

Hope you enjoy!
Tim

Clay

Awesome, Awesome Video!!!!  Thanks a bunch for ruining my productivity for the rest of this Friday afternoon, won't be able to get that image out of my head!

JVA54

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

neal

Great video!! You made the point I make when talking to people about turey hunting take it easy and don't over call.

Perfect hunt!!

Congrats!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

gophert

Quote from: neal on March 30, 2012, 02:08:43 PM
Great video!! You made the point I make when talking to people about turey hunting take it easy and don't over call.

Perfect hunt!!

Congrats!

Yep...sometimes a little goes a long way.  My cousin (shooter) was so cottonmouthed he couldn't call or even cluck...that's why he had to use the deer bleet...I would not recommend that on a daily basis..LOL     He's an experienced turkey hunter and it just goes to show you that this sport, no matter how long you've been at it...makes the heart go thump and mouth dry up.  I love it!

mdtkyhntr

Great Video! Definitely worth watching. Congratulations!

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Dan Mallia

Frankinthelaurels

You southern boys are killin us yankees!! I can't sleep as it is thinkin bout it and the videos keep on acomin'...nice job! Congratulations

gophert

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TRKYHTR

Great job. Congrats on a nice hunt.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck