turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Headed to KS for opening weekend......

Started by dawgfrombama, March 28, 2012, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfrombama

I guess spring is early like the rest of the country.  I hope the hunting will be good that week. Does anyone have any reports from KS as far as gobbling, breeding, or any other info. I would hate to go out there and miss the prime time to hunt. I have fared well out there in the past but I have not been on a year with an early spring.

jblackburn

Things are looking good here in North Central Oklahoma.  I'll be just over the border on Sunday the 1st for the archery opener.  I'll let you know what's up then.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

RutnNStrutn

Bigsho69

Been seeing lots of strutting but they appear to still be in groups.  I thought they would start breeding early due to warm weather but they seem to be in the same place as last year at this time.   It should be good. 

ctwny1

Gamblinman

Spoke with several folks in SE Kansas. Lots of 2 year old birds out strutting their stuff. Just starting to break up. Looks to be a good year in KS!!

A quick trip to Western Oklahoma, and then on to Kansas.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

jblackburn

Here is my quick report from Sunday's archery opener in South central KS.

They were gobbling on the roost like crazy!  I had a nice one in shotgun range but out of my comfort zone with a bow.  I saw small groups of birds (2-4 gobblers with about the same number of hens) in the fields in the late mornings.  Then it got HOT (90+) and there was nothing going on in the afternoon.  I feel good about the coming weekend trying to get one with my bow.  The weather is supposed to be more normal and I think that will help a lot.  Should be a good season.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

bulldog18

Archery and youth season opened April 1st thru the 10th. Then you can use archery or shotgun the 11th thru May 31st.

jarbo03

Took my nephew on the opener in NE Kansas, first week should be good.

Mike Honcho

East Kansas on sunday I had two groups in a soybean field after flydown...two toms and 8 hens; 3 toms and 14 hens.  I was out of town all week on a biz trip so I couldn't roost'em...actually got in at 2:00AM and got up at 4:45AM to hunt...wife thought I was crazy!  One pair was breeding.

Since henned up they didn't pay much attention to my calls or Jake mobil and hen decoy...I was set up 250 yards away in a ground blind for archery.   These are Eastern birds.

I'm seeing some small groups of toms 203 birds , cruising together  later in day.

Grandson took a nice Rio Grande tom in SC Kansas on Monday....called him in right after flydown.