turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-13 Magnum Blend

Started by Squall_409, March 27, 2012, 01:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cahaba

Im shooting a Winchester SX3 26" barrel and am getting 223 hits average at 40 yds. with 3" MagBlends and an .665 IC choke. Im getting 256 average with a Kicks .670. Both patterns are nice and even with no significant spacing.

jfair

I'm shooting an 11-87 with Jellyhead .665 and getting 160 plus.  They should give you good numbers with your setup.  The idea that they kick so much harder than any other shot is simply not true.  The word magnum in the title seems to put that in the shooter's head.

goblr77

Quote from: jfair on March 28, 2012, 07:39:13 AM
I'm shooting an 11-87 with Jellyhead .665 and getting 160 plus.  They should give you good numbers with your setup.  The idea that they kick so much harder than any other shot is simply not true.  The word magnum in the title seems to put that in the shooter's head.

I don't see how they do either. Several people have chronographed the supposedely 1090 FPS Hevi-13 loads at around 1200. There's probably not much difference between the two.

open door

I patterned my gun (VersaMax w/Pro Bore .665 choke) with several different shells, and the Magnum Blend won out over all others. I only had one Winchester High Density and it did very well also, but they are like $40 for 10 shells - if I could find them in a box of 5 I would buy them to.

One question - I see the magnum blend comes in 3" (which I shot), and in the 3.5 inch - has anyone tried both to see which patterns best? I haven't seen any 3.5 inch around here - would pattern them if I could find them.

Also, insofar as kick is concerned, I find them a very soft shooting shell compared to some of the others.

runngun

I shoot NITRO'S but I will say this, Mag Blends absolutely hurt in a Thompson Center Encore!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

oba51

real good results from my 1187

Trevor2

I love em!
That help any?
Rem 870 special purpose 21" barrel and ssx choke. 3" mag blends
Strutstopper

pcgobbler

Getting 210-225 in 1187 SM, PG 670.  They got some ump to them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase