turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-13 Magnum Blend

Started by Squall_409, March 27, 2012, 01:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squall_409

I was wondering if anyone has used these shells and if so, how do you like them? I'm interested in trying them out and I just wanted to get other peoples input on them.

:thanks:
You don't need a reason to help others.

WyoHunter

I've used the 12 ga. 3" load in my Beretta M303 to kill some gobblers. It patterned well and the only reason I went to Hevi-13 7's is  a denser pattern because of the higher pellet count. I still have some Mag Blends and use them on occassion.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Squall_409

I ask because there are no hevi-13 #7's anywhere around me. And I really don't want to order some in if I don't have to. But you do like the Magnum Blends? Do you remember what kind of patterns you were getting with them?

nyhunter

I have shot them in my gun a 870sm with a 26" barrel got 181 in a 10" circle. they had very nice even patterns.

BlkJeep

835, Star Dot, 28" bbl, 3.5"  Mag blends,  40yds = 194 in 10" 

Used them last year and killed 4 birds so I guess they worked..... But I'm sure you'll hear different.

Wingbone

I use them and love them. I average around 180/10/40 with my 870s using Indian Creek .665. I killed 7 with them last year(in 3 states that is). On first shots at the range, in a clean barrel, I've gotten over 200/10/40 but that's not consistant.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Grunt-N-Gobble

I too would use them if I wasn't handloading my own.

I got 180/10" @ 40yds last week.  Nice, even pattern using a IC .665 in a Rem. 3" 11-87

THis was the last shot of the evening through a polished barrel, only using a bore snake between shots.

Squall_409

From your guys numbers, I am going to go pick me up some and see how my gun likes them.

BlkJeep

What gun are using? Just wondering...

C J Stahly

3" mag blends in a 870 w/26" barrel and a tristar G2 t/w w/24" barrel both with pg 670s I am getting over 200. 

Squall_409

I am using an 870 Express 28" barrel, with a JH .660. I'm checking out a ton of different shots at the moment and I saw them so I thought I would ask what everyone else thought of them.

jrseale82

If I remember correctly I was getting around 220 with a browning maxus and hevi-13 choke.  Moss 835 with truglo 695 was just over 200 i think.

WildSpur

I use them and like them.  Last year the best I got was 209/40.  I shot them this year and only got 166 with a different lot #.  I have to say though that many of those holes appeared to be 5's so I am still happy.  I know they are probably a potluck shell but they do put a hurting on both ends!  I am using a 20" 835 with a PG choke with the 3.5" shell.

Cluck more, yelp less

redleg06

Used them and loved them in two guns with Pure gold 670 chokes. I patterned them with 660, 665, & 670 chokes and the more open chokes did better for me.

The shell's are solid and will smack a gobbler.

FttFttVroom!

Getting mid 180's with my 870 SM 23" and .660 JH with Magnum Blend.....and OUCH THEY HURT