turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

10 circle 40 yds ?

Started by obro, March 26, 2012, 08:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obro

What are you guys looking for in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards ?

Philippe

350+ otherwise i wouldnt shoot it at a turkey...........

obro

Wow you aren't asking for much are you.

sawtooth

Quote from: Philippe on March 26, 2012, 08:31:37 PM
350+ otherwise i wouldnt shoot it at a turkey...........

I hear ya.  I'll take my 200 plus #5 Hevi13's any day over your 350 plus #9's at 40 yds.   :toothy9:

Now seriously it depends on what size pellet your talking about.  I have a friend that shoots #4 lead and Hevi's out of the 3.5" gun and he's around 130-140 pellets at 40yds.  Those things pack a huge punch but personally i like the 5 and 6's better in Hevi or the newer Federal Heavy Weights.  Also depends on 3" or 3.5" 12 gauge or if its a 20 gauge gun.  

What are you shooting and we can tell you what your goals should be.

Philippe

Quote from: obro on March 26, 2012, 08:38:52 PM
Wow you aren't asking for much are you.

Your original question is vague. Give us an idea of what you are working with and maybe we can help.

chaz_Z7

well not to jack this thread but id like to kno to...
im going to be shooting 3.5 mag blends with pure gold 660 or ic 665

also going to try win xrange 5 and 6s  out of both chokes..

what shoud i expect out of my 870 sps synthetic turkey

sawtooth

i would forget the xtended range as its barely heavier than lead.  I would focus on Hevi13 and Federal HW which should be better choices for you.  I would look for 150 plus with #5 and 210 plus with #6's.  I would even consider #7's in the Federal Heavy Weight as its 35% denser than lead. 

duckaholic25

Quote from: sawtooth on March 26, 2012, 09:07:22 PM
i would forget the xtended range as its barely heavier than lead.  I would focus on Hevi13 and Federal HW which should be better choices for you.  I would look for 150 plus with #5 and 210 plus with #6's.  I would even consider #7's in the Federal Heavy Weight as its 35% denser than lead. 
Hevi 13 and Win XTD have the same density. Hevi 13 is not really 13.

sawtooth

yep your correct as i was thinking the Extended range was only 12g/cc and Hevi was 13g but its only 12.5 or so just like the XD.  Anyway, try both and see what you get but for some reason the Extended range never patterns as well for me.  Maybe just bad luck though but not sure.

Mimosa Gobbler

I would say that 120+ ia a 10" circle with lead would be sufficient! That is my minimum but to each their own! I will let you know how it goes after this weekend!

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

obro

SBE 2 24 inch barrel. Federal Heavy weight 3 and a half  number 7s.

sugarray

I'd say 150-180 out of that shell.  Which choke are you shooting?

obro

Im shooting a Rob Roberts tube. I got 198 in 10 inch circle and barrel could use a deep cleaning. I thought it looked pretty good but after seeing some of the other guys on here I was wondering. 

GOLD HUNTER

lead.......150+
hevi.......200+

:drool:

sugarray

Quote from: obro on March 27, 2012, 11:48:09 AM
Im shooting a Rob Roberts tube. I got 198 in 10 inch circle and barrel could use a deep cleaning. I thought it looked pretty good but after seeing some of the other guys on here I was wondering. 

That is a great number for the HW 7s.  You should be real happy.  Post up the pattern with 10" and 20" counts.  That is great!!!!