OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Found some major stuff.............

Started by pappy, March 25, 2012, 07:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

We went out this afternoon looking for driftwood....we ended up with two truck loads....one piece in particular caught our fancy...EVER SEE ANY BOG OAK.....honest I believe this is what we found, it looks to have been buried in the swamps forever, and when we cut into it it was solid black....through and through...ever see anything like this ?

The piece we got was four feet long and two or more feet across......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

smurf

I bet that has been buried for at least a 100 yrs; probable more.  Lucky dog. :drool:
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

M,Yingling

Was lookin at a stack of oak like that few weeks back,, local fellow had it was more of a darker green color clams is was oak pulled out of the mississippi river swamps  Nice stuff ,,Good find
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pappy

Tell you what this stuff has to be hundreds of years old, I looked on the net and it takes boo-koo years to discolor it, in England it dates back to the time of the ancient Egyptians...this stuff is cool!!!!!!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

dreis3

D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

ctwny1

handcannon

Leave it up to you to score on something like that. I see some nice stuff coming to the board soon. Congrats!

nalley1952

TarheelTurk

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL