OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Benelli M2

Started by cobia66, March 25, 2012, 08:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobia66

Hi all
I'm new to this forum and I have a question.  I just bought a new Benelli M2 to replace my old Remington 870. I've been looking to get an aftermarket turkey choke but most say "Not for Crio barrels". I can't figure out if the M2 has a "Crio" barrel or not. The website lists the included chokes as "Crio" chokes,but I can't find anything about the barrel.  Is it a "Crio" barrel?  What choke do you recommend for this gun? 
Thanks

st8tman

If it is a new; recent production M2 then it will have the Crio Barrels. This means any of the Benelli Crio chokes will work. Most of the aftermarket choke companys offer EITHER the Crio Option or the dated "Mobile" option for the Benelli guns. Obviously you will want the Crio tubes for your new acquisition. As a footnote the barrels on your new gun ARE also chrome lined. As far as shell/choke combo for that weapon, other members will have to chime in with their successes/failures. In the meantime you can utilize the search feature on the board and concentrate in the "Guns" section, as well as the "Patterns" section to give you a starting point. Hope this helps some.

bird

All of the M2's have Crio barrels. I have an M2 from the very first year that they were introduced. I also have a Pure Gold .670 for the gun but have yet to pattern it as it is a backup gun to my 870SM and is my primary upland/waterfowl gun.

bird

turkeytromp

Congrats on your new m2 purchase! My hunting partener has the m2 and gets some pretty nice patterns using the hevishot crio choke and 3"hevi shot mag blends.

cobia66

Thanks for the info.....now I know where to start

darron

I have the older Benelli M1 and shoot hevi 3" 7's and SSX choke. I get phenominal patterns with this combo. Below is a pic of the pattern I shot last weekend

jasperjet

i shot my sbe with 3 inch 7's last weekend ssx choke and got 198. you almost got that many in half the circle. Wow

mrclif

My 21" M2 loves the Tru Glo SSX and Mag Blends. Turkeys dont like it though first one that came by it died. I love breaking in a new gun that way, first trip with it and harvested a turkey with it.
From what I've seen the Nelli's like to be choke a little more than other shotguns. Tried .670 and .665 and did not have a good 40 yd pattern. But that being said watch your close shots,  my twenty yd pattern is pie plate size.